CF-19 Guide F.A.Q.

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by ADOR, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    Info sent privately

2. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    CF-19 MK6.
    1) Only 1 RAM slot, so no more 2x 8GB modules and dual-channel :(
    2) No bluetooth aside of Intel 6235 Wi-Fi Bluetooth MiniPCI-e. So if I install Intel 7260 AC+BT I loose bluetooth functionality at all (taped pin 51 doesn't work here) :(
    3) Still don't know whether light sensor does something or not :) It has threshold settings in BIOS, but I don't see any difference between those settings in Windows.
    4) Maybe I would prefer MK5 with 16GB RAM, Bluetooth and USB 3.0 :)

Shawn likes this.
  3. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    I think 8GB will be more than enough. I know we always want more but do we really need it ?? My MK5 has 8GB but it's over kill since I only use it for surfing the net and GPS.

4. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's my main PC, so I've used 16GB on MK5 and now it's limited to 8GB :(
    Also VGA out is of a very low quality on MK5. I've tested 2 MK5 with different monitors and the picture looks blurred, though real resolution is 1280x1024 or 1920x1080. That's bad. Will test on MK6. Good VGA quality on MK4.

Shawn likes this.
  5. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 or if you've already installed Windows 10 and have a problem with Intel dynamic power performance management driver - download and install this newer version (yes, it has another name).
    There is an installation tool that will upgrade your current driver to Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework (DPTF).
    Tested on MK5 and MK6.

Shawn likes this.
  6. Andytech

Andytech Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm so happy this thread has started :)
    My 1st Toughbook is a Mk1 CF-19CHDAFBE and that runs perfectly on Win 7 32bit.
    I have just acquired a MK3 CF-19KHS49AE that is etched as having belonged to Yorkshire Water so "49" is another one of their batch models.
    The MK3 came with a fully working version of Win 7 32bit however I needed to install Win 7 64bit on it.
    What a nightmare... I tried to upgrade but Windows said I couldn't run a 64bit upgrade on a 32bit operating system.
    I found the "All in one" MK3 Win 7 64bit package on Panasonics website. It unpacked 18 files but then seemed to stall on loading the 1st package :(
    Much turning computer off/on and restarting the installer package seemed to get all the files installed... But then Windows told me that a number of them were not digitally signed and disallowed ARRRRRR
    More googling and I found that if I push F8 on boot I can select to allow non signed drivers :)
    I now have everything working apart from the Novatel HSDPA and Bluetooth Dev (Personal Area Network). 2 x Data Interfaces show as not having drivers in System but the Bluetooth adapter seems to work...
    Hope this is of help to someone and any help with my missing drivers much appreciated :)

ADOR likes this.
  7. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Correct way is to run that "all in one" as administrator. Without F8 etc.
    Install Mobilink software - there are drivers inside for your Novatel data interfaces.

8. equiluxe

equiluxe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I have just installed Windows 10 to see what happens on My CF19 Mk2. All works well except I have no SD card, looked around on Google and seems that this happens a lot on many makes of computers with SD card readers built in, been a bug since Win.8. Trouble is all the fixes suggested wont work for me. I am not sure of the make of the SD card chip on the CF19 any one know please as then I can get a driver from the chip makers direct or at least I hope I can,certainly Realtek have one for theirs.

9. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Boot from LiveCD (USB flash) and you'll see it's manufacturer.
    It's Ricoh 90% :))

10. equiluxe

equiluxe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for that information, it makes sense the PCMIA card slots are Ricoh and the SD slot is in the same place.