CF-19 Guide F.A.Q.

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by ADOR, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ThunderMax58

ThunderMax58 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, I'm a new user but I've read these forums for several years.

I have a local fire department who has brought me CF-19FHGAXAM MK2 Toughbook with Windows Vista installed. They've complained about slow speeds so I've upgraded it to a solid state and increased the memory from 1 to 3GB of RAM.

Here's my issue. Through research I know that Panasonic doesn't officially support Windows 7 on the mk2s, but I see bits and pieces of people saying they made it work; I just can't find anyone actually listing the drivers used or instructions on how it was done (for the mk2). I already tried Windows 7 64-Bit and I got all but the brightness buttons and the touch screen calibration to work. I'm hoping someone on here can point to me a driver list and procedure doc for the mk2 and Windows 7. I would prefer 64-Bit but can live with 32-Bit. I see that ADOR mentioned that he has the drivers for a mk2, but I see no link.

Can anyone help?

2. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja

Reputations:
    Go with 32 bit.
    64 bit REQUIRES 6gb of ram to be as fast as 32 bit. Anything less than 6gb and 64 bit will be SLOW.

Win7 32 bit drivers for CF19 mk2
    ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/computer/software/19fgh-mk2-7x86.exe

3. ADOR

ADOR Evil Mad Scientist

Reputations:
    It was a 64 bit driver pack I got off the fpt server years ago. It was there one day then gone the next. I usually get a mix of drivers to complete a mod like this. Newer make cf19's had 7 from the factory so on the misc and common drivers you can use the newer driver.

4. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Toughbook 19 mk2, Windows 7 64 bit driver bundle is still there, but you really don't need 64 bit for 3GB RAM.
    Though I can't agree with Shawn about 6GB minimum :)