CF-19 Gobi-2000 card isn't recognized.

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Mr.Tough, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    This thread is VERY hard to read... can the OP please resize the images to 800x600 or smaller?

Tahnks

2. Pinecone

Pinecone Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The CF-19mk1 only had one antenna, not two. At the time, that's all that were needed. 2 antennae were introduced from the CF-19mk2 onwards.

3. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    This is NOT TRUE! I have put LOTS of MC5725's into MK1 CF-19's and they ALL had 2 antennas... I have NEVER seen one with only 1 antenna... That's odd.

Even my wife has a CF-19CHBAXVM - MK1/touch and it has TWO antennas... I've put an 860D 7.2M HSPA card in there too for ATT...

Thanks

4. ohlip

ohlip Toughbook Modder

Reputations:
    I just want to make a correction with your comment. All CF-18 or CF-19 has two antena for wi-fi and two antena for WWAN.

On the photo show that the black one that he connected to the card came from the passthru connector(jumper wire, Black). At the time you purchased this machine without the option of WWAN, the other antena is hidden and cover its end by a shinkable tube or sometime by a kapton tape beneath or under the ribbon cable of the audio board or tape on the body of the machine.

Try to unscrew the audioboard and then flip it over and you will see the other WWAN antena. You will need to be directly connected this antena into the modem card( to auxilliary to be exact).

ohlip

Rob! you beat me on this.

5. db04p71

db04p71 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I wonder if that was only on the European CF-19 with the EU740 card which only had one antenna connection.

6. db04p71

db04p71 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't doubt you but, why wouldn't the antenna cables be connected to their dummy connections on the WWAN board? That's the way my WWAN ready CF-19 Mk2 came.

7. ohlip

ohlip Toughbook Modder

Reputations:
    Maybe its missing, Lol. or maybe someone already messed around with this unit. Anyway, by any chance of having one antena. Its not really a big deal. It will still works. If he can open up the two side plastic covering and look on the antena If it really there or not. I also handed a unit CF-18 with only one cable that goes to the machine but the antena is there only the cable is missing.

ohlip

8. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    *Rob has a cable for sale...* Not sayin... just sayin...

9. Pinecone

Pinecone Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well then, it's a difference between North America and Europe.

The OP said he has a UK unit. European CF-19mk1 devices came with a Novatel EU740 module for WWAN, and was only equipped with one antenna (and the module only used one antenna).

Definitely.

10. Mr.Tough

Mr.Tough Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay, this discussion about the antennas seem interesting, I will try to look further into it and see if I can find the cable, but first I want to get the card working.

I have updated my bios now, earlier I had V1.00L13 and EC V1.00L11. And I have got bios V1.01L16 and EC V1.10L11. But I can still not see the card at all. (All my drivers is working and I have had the misc driver installed since before.) Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.