CF-19 generations compassion charts, max memory, etc

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by thewanderlustking, Mar 27, 2019.

1. gnineorknad

gnineorknad Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    CF-19 MK3 With Camera......There is only one slot Max 4 gig.

2. User32

User32 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Huh, I never knew the Mk7 has multitouch. *goes off to try pinch-to-zoom on his DT equipped 19 Mk7*

EDIT: Wow, it's actually true. Not the smoothest but it does have pinch-to-zoom!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  3. thewanderlustking

thewanderlustking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I initially posted this up in my Black Cobra thread, but this is really better spot for it.

...Let’s talk performance. My Mac has a 2.5GHz i5 and 16GB memory. I want simular performance from this. I suspect I need to bump it up though to be really comparable.

Up to a MK3(?) with the 2.7 i5, prices are basically the same. I can get a beat 2.5 or 2.4 for less of course. But good machines are pretty even in price.

Until I jump up to these 2.9GHz with the seperate ATI graphics cards... Is the couple hundred price jump worth waiting an extra paycheck for??? Does that really make a big difference? I don’t play games or anything like that. I watch YouTube and Netflix a lot. And now and then use photoshop.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  4. User32

User32 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just get a Mk3 without the AMD dGPU, it's fast enough.

Or better yet don't bother getting a Toughbook at all for things like that if you don't need the ruggedness, I DD'ed a 31 Mk3 for more than a year and going from that to a ThinkPad P50 has been a blessing.

5. thewanderlustking

Reputations:
    Ugh I confuxled myself. Since I was talking about the CF-31... But you knew that anyways haha!!!

Anywho. I use my CF-19 MK1 and MK6 for tuning and shop related stuff. I leave my MK1 sitting out on my toolbox without too much concern. The MK6 I pull out for more intensive crunching. I am happy enough with both those. I could easily sell either, but having one always is critical enough that a backup makes sense. My MK1 got lent out for a few weeks recently.

My Mac is always getting used in rough and tough environments. I have killed a couple keyboards, on touchpad number three, and second HDD. Plus they actually gave me a whole new computer when I fried the motherboard. I bought it new in 2013 or 2014. I have always kept it in a nice rugged Thule case. So SUPER bad survivalbility. And while I use the machine constantly in the shop or inside, otherwise I am gentle with it.

I think a Toughbook for my main machine is a pretty good idea.

6. User32

User32 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Why not get a G1 with the iKey keyboard instead then?

7. thewanderlustking

Reputations:
    That is pretty cool!!! But, I would rather have an android tablet. My tuning stuff is very input intensive, needs to be portable, and all self contained. While that would take up less space on my toolbox, a CF-19 isn't too bad. Besides, my scantool is already a tablet.

So if we are talking about my work machine, CF-19 just makes the most sense. And for home, I need a full on laptop. And ideally 13" with a full(ish) sized keyboard. There, the CF-31 fits best.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    toughasnails and Shawn like this.