CF-18 MK4 CF-18KHHZXBA upgrade repair

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by KelBun, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KelBun

KelBun Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Guys , I have a CF-18 MK4 which i would like to use for a travel computer as i use CF-52 and CF-53 at work and have become a Tough Book fan as i see what they put up with.
    This CF-18 is long past its work use by date however its still in good physical shape even though its done 36000 hrs. I have read numerous posts and searched Crucial using model number and found it a little overwhelming on various opinions. Due to computers being such a fast changing technology i though i should ask what the current trend is. Here is my wish list

Solid state hard drive as i have spare ones 250gb
    Windows 7 Pro
    Google Earth Pro
    BlueTooth as i want to send Gps data from my Samsung S6 which i already with my CF52.
    Google Chrome

I noticed the hard drive pins are different so is there an adapter to fit a SSHD
    Thank you in advance for any helpful advise as i love tough books

2. safn1949

safn1949 I'm sure I'm on the wrong planet

Reputations:
    Honest opinion, not worth fooling with. I just bought a 20 hour CF-19Mk2 for $57 delivered. Add 240gb SSD,caddy and done for $160 with a lot higher performance. Getting the SSD in the 18 caddy with the adapter is going to be tough to say the least.

3. KelBun

KelBun Newbie

Reputations:
    Good point when you think about the time involved . Is there a place where a good supply of CF19s just like how tough they are.

4. safn1949

safn1949 I'm sure I'm on the wrong planet

Reputations:
  5. CWB32

CWB32 Need parts for my flying saucer.

Reputations:
    man , the '19 is a pretty stout unit .
    it is certainly leaps and bounds ahead of regular laptops when it comes to durability .
    to my notion , putting a ssd and such in a '18 is like putting a dress on a pig or getting back together with that ex-wife and she hands you an old set of keys to the house you used to own .
    invest your money in a '19 (with or without an i5 cpu) ... you won't be disappointed .

toughasnails likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.