CF-18 Drivers and Buttons

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Zippy-Man, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    Well.. I just logged onto DiscountPC's website. (I had to create an account) I see their FedEx transmittal that shows that it SHOULD have been delivered today... The only problem???? THEY STILL HAVEN'T DROPPED IT OFF TO FED-EX!

<Steam rolls out the ears>

I gotta talk to John....

2. capt.dogfish

capt.dogfish The Curmudgeon

Reputations:
    Rick,
    Let us know, I'm planning on being up late the night you get it and Alex seems to never sleep. I will remind you that all of the necessary drivers are on Panasonic.ca with the exception of 1 hotkey app which I had to get from Panasonic, called Hot Key Plus Manager (hplsman). There are a total of 4 hotkey drivers/apps in my MK2.
    CAP

3. gumaco

gumaco Newbie

Reputations:
    hi everybody, here is Guido from Italy writing from a cf-18 from Australia like many here. I'm using it from one week and I really like it a lot.

Thanks for every advice that helped me with it, like the screen rotation that wasn't working (now only button doesn't work)

Like toughbook I was really surpised when the highest bidder against me has offered the same euros as my highest bid.

Everithing here works fine except the buttons... I think i will fix it following your instructions as soon as I will feel like...

Also, on the PC, the kind Australians left all the drivers they needed to restore the pc.... Only few are missing, like hkplus.

bye.... enjoy!:)

4. blargh.blargh.blargh

blargh.blargh.blargh Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The Australian machines you see on EBay are almost always the CF-18DKB22KA model (a CF-18 mk 2). This model has a 1.1GHz P3M, 512MB RAM, and a 40GB disk. They also have an integrated CDMA modem.

This was a special build that Panasonic did for Telstra. About 3,500 of them were deployed them to the Telstra field technicians and engineers. They were leased on a three year lease cycle and started to come back from lease about two months ago.

I bought one and it works great. They EBay reseller has loaded a bodgy version of WinXP Tablet Edition. But you're best to blow that away and install a fresh copy of XP pro (there's a WinXP COA on the bottom of the tablet).

The standard web drivers work great. I got everything working including the hotkeys. I haven't bothered trying to get the CDMA modem working as it is of no interest to me.

5. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    I'm scrapping with the WWAN modem now. I have all the Verizon variations. I guess I'll try them one at a time...

6. abd

abd Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've got a fresh install of XP pro SP2 and got a set of MK1 drivers i downloaded from here - http://toughbookcentral.com/panasonic-cf-18-drivers - but i'm not sure what all them are to follow the above order, also they are not zipped but exe files do i place them each in the C:Util folder and run there?

Here's a list of what i have, can some kind soul tell me what is what or reorder them in the right sequence?

Checknet-2.11L10D-2kxp-nonlogo-M-web (a zipped file with some cab files and setup)
    disprot
    dmi
    gprs
    hkeyapp
    hkeyplus
    hkeyset
    hotkey
    hplsman
    intelinf (is this the inf driver first on the list?)
    intelvideo
    lan
    modem
    mouse (is this touch screen as well?)
    pr_lan
    sound
    video
    wlan
    wlansw
    writing

I found the 12.2.0.0_X_Drivers.zip can i run it from anywhere or do i also need to unzip it to the Util folder before running.

Your help much appreciated!

7. abd

abd Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    found http://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/cgi-bin/itn/toughbook/dl01.cgi and might have worked most of them out but would be great if someone could confirm i've got them right.

intelinf - OS INF File driver, unextract to c: and install and reboot
    video and intelvideo - Video driver unextract to C: util and install and reboot
    sound - Sound driver unextract to C: util and install and reboot
    modem - Modem driver unextract to C: util and install and reboot
    Now you can do the backwords hotkey stuff...
    Hkeyplus - Hotkey plus driver download extract and go into device manager under the second unknown device direct to the plus driver and reboot
    Hotkey - Now the same thing with the hotkey driver as above , note there is only one uknown device in the device manager
    then
    mouse - touchpad driver/touchscreen driver install through device manager upgrade the mouse driver conitunue to reboot after each addition
    hkeyset - hotkey settings
    hplsman - hotkey plus manager
    hkeyapp - hotkey apendex
    writing? - software key board
    Disport - display rotation tool

That leaves me with with -

dmi - No idea what this is

gprs - i expect the hardware for this is outdated anyway so won't bother with it.
    Checknet-2.11L10D-2kxp-nonlogo-M-web also gprs so won't bother

Will guess the order of these
    lan
    pr_lan - no idea what this is
    wlan
    wlansw

All good fun :)

8. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I see you figured out the exe files:)

dmi/viewer - Is an application that shows your hardware, its not needed

gprs - i expect the hardware for this is outdated anyway so won't bother with it. WWAN software not needed

Checknet-2.11L10D-2kxp-nonlogo-M-web also gprs so won't bother either wwan not needed or bios not needed

Will guess the order of these
    lan
    pr_lan - no idea what this is...me either:confused:

wlan not needed
    wlansw...... wireless switch is needed

The wireless lan device in device manager should update driver to where you unextracted the intell driver sofware

Alex

9. abd

abd Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    getting there slowly ;)

Everything is working now accept nothing happens when i press the software keyboard button (shame as i use that), and the wireless switch on the front turns it's light on and off but doesn't seem to be connected to the software wlan switch or do anything else (Don't need it but is there a way to stop it being back on every time i reboot?)

You were dead right about the performance increase, very noticeable improvement!

And i learnt from this thread that i can automatically change the screen rotation and back again when i change between laptop and tablet mode so all in all it's been a useful HDD death experience :D

10. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The Wireless switch at the front controls the wwan
    It has nothing to do with 802.11 wireless,as its controlled with a software switch only , so you are doing good

Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.