CF-18 Drivers and Buttons

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Zippy-Man, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9nine9

9nine9 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for the offer. The WAN is a Sierra SB555, and the drivers from panasonic.ca seem to get it up and running (I believe I used the ones labeled for Telus). I'm not able to tell which network it's connected to, I believe both Verizon and Sprint are CDMA providers in my area. I currently don't plan on activating it, unless I can figure out how to do it for less $$ than most of the providers seem to want. There is an old SMS message stuck in the modem, notifying me of a missed phone call. It's dated October 07

I am interested in doing the internal GPS. I know there's some information scattered through the threads here, but I haven't found where it's been pulled together into a single spot. I know ohlip has gotten it working with the EM408 module. I've also heard excelent things about the new ublox modules, so I may try to work one of those up into a solution.

more fun every day!

nine

2. capt.dogfish

capt.dogfish The Curmudgeon

Reputations:
    THEY WORK!!!
    Finally! Alex you are the man. Followed your instructions to the letter and with one minor glitch(missing driver), it is all good. My CF-18 is now completely functional and is again my new BFF. Thank you Tomcat.
    CAP

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  3. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    I'm glad I had the guinea pigs in there before me to figure it all out! ;) And just in time... Should be here Thursday or Friday.

4. ohlip

ohlip Toughbook Modder

Reputations:
    As I told you it is easy. Just remember htkey plus first before the regular hotkey driver.

ohlip

5. JMS3190

JMS3190 Newbie

Reputations:
    Dear All,

I have the Toughbook 18 Mk1, was hit by a virus end of last year, eventually (more by luck or judgment) got it running again.

However with two noticeable differences
    1. I dont have the System Restore facility, have checked if it was a driver problem, emptied stuff out as said it was full etc etc but still no luck.
    2. On switching on the first shown screen is black, then click and desktop display comes up and screen saver shows OK.

Is there something that can be started that can check - repair and do all sorts of magic things for the computer illiterate

Input appreciated.:confused:

PS good site and have sent it to friends for referencing their issues

6. capt.dogfish

capt.dogfish The Curmudgeon

Reputations:
    JMS,
    Welcome to the forum! Its probably easiest to just wipe the hard drive, or better, get a new bigger faster one, and do a complete reinstall of everything. Read a bit, there are discussions of hard drive swaps(easy), and installing operating systems(easy when someone else has gone through it), drivers (we'll show you how), and anything else you need. Read some of the threads about CF-18s and come back with your questions. Use google to search the forum, it works best.
    CAP

7. Toughbook

Reputations:
    I agree... Upgrade and reinstall.. You'll be glad you did when you get a slightly speedier laptop in return... Plus no more fragmented files. That will help speed things up too.

I reinstall XP every 12-18 months just to make things right again. I'm always surprised about the speed I pick up. Of course I also delete a lot of unnecessary crap that I had on there too! ;)

8. Toughbook

Reputations:
    My CF-18 should be here about this time tomorrow. I guess it will be a late night. I should probably download all the drivers and print out the exellent directions of Tomcat... But I'm not sure what MK model it is... I guess it would be easy enough to figure out... It's a 1.1Ghz...

9. 9nine9

9nine9 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    TB

The Aussie 1.1ghz I got is a D model, a mk2

nine

10. Toughbook

Reputations:
    Ahhhhhhhh.... My hopes are dashed... I got in the other 1.6GHz I was expecting later.... I thought it was supposed to be the CF-18... I'm a little ticked as it came from CA. The CF-18 is coming from CO and I've already received BOTH 29s from CA! (The 1.2GHz I bought came in yesterday!)

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh (AGAIN!) I have been SO looking forward to playing with the 18 tonight!

<Good News though... The CF-29 had stock GPS in it and the auction didn't list it! Plus a High Cap Battery! So... Whoohoo for that at least!>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.