CF-18 Drivers and Buttons

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Zippy-Man, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zippy-Man

Zippy-Man Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ok my cf-18 is coming along ok. I finally found a good copy of a OEM xp cd so i could install tablet edition.

I have 2 problems and they may be related. First off i have an unknown device listed in the device manager. I have tried every driver i have and i cannot get it to install anything for it.

Next is i cannot get the tablet buttons working for the life of me. I have tried everything i can think of and nothing. The screen brightness buttons work but not the other ones.

I have installed the hotkey driver and the hotkey plus manager as well as the other hotkey program.

I have an option to set the keys with the tablet button program i just cannot get them to work.

I have one driver i cannot get to install which is the hotkey plus driver. the unknown device will not take those drivers and i cannot just hit install on them.

Any help guys i am going nuts

Thanks a million and happy turkey day.

-James

2. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    Ok i figured out the problem. To install the hotkey plus driver you have to goto the unknown device click update driver then hit No not this time then select the look in specific location then click dont look i will select the driver then click have disk. This will now install them. By buttons work :)

I do have another problem tho the display rotation does not work. I have updated the video driver directly from intel and still nothing any ideas?

The screen will rotate with the intel video drivers but not the panasonic program or the hotkey.

-James

3. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    Ok another update. I now can rotate the screen by flipping the screen into tablet mode which seems to be controlled by the panasonic display rotation program.

But the front tablet button still does not work. I cannot seem to get it to work for the life of me.

I think it may have to do something with windows SP3.

Can anyone with a cf-18 or (cf-19 maybe) try and see if clicking on the panasonic rotation icon in the taskbar tray to see if it rotates the screen. Also please if you try this let me know if you have SP2 or SP3

Thanks,
    James

4. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    My cf-18 mk-5 buttons work fine
    However my cf-18 mk-2 buttons are not working except for the brightness
    It looks like everything is installed correctly
    It has sp-2 only

Alex

5. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    On the mk-5 if you double click on the screen rotation icon in the taskbar does the screen rotate 90 degrees?

For the mk-2 you probably need to install the hotkey plus driver. None of my keys worked at all until I added the drivers manually into the device manager.

Is SP3 installed on the MK5?

I still cannot figure out the tablet screen rotation. I can now get the screen to rotate when i flip into tablet mode but the button just will not work.

I changed the button to something else and it works so i know the button is good.

This is killing me.

-James

6. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Yes sp-3 is on the mk-5 and as I said everything works
    Yes every single driver is loaded on the mk-2
    I can rotate the screen from the aplication near the clock
    I tried to change the button to do something else but the buttons don't do anything.
    And I don't really care , I don't use the buttons even on my cf-19

Alex

7. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    OK i finally figured it out, I feel stupid now but I was downloading the Standard XP drivers and not the tablet PC drivers. once I downloaded the tablet driver and installed it I was up and running in no time.the installation for the tablet drivers was a bit strange so you have to read the install instructions a few times before it makes sense.

First you will need to goto the device manager and hit update driver on the unknown device.( If you installed the hotkey plus driver then uninstall this first and reboot. then there will be a unknown device.)
    Hit update device on the new unknown device and then navigate to the folder: C:\util2\drivers\meitbtn

If the system says that the driver is not needed then you will have to install it manually by selecting the Have disk option and then browse to the C:\util2\drivers\meitbtn folder.

Next

You will have to go into the C:\util2\drivers\meitbtn folder and click on Standard.bat and they click yes on the prompt to get the driver completely installed.

After the drivers are all installed you can now install the tablet button manager located in C:\util2\meitbman by clicking on the setup.exe then reboot and the tablet buttons are now working. This is only if you are running the tablet PC OS. to change the button functions you will goto control panel and click on tablet and pen settings then on the tablet button tab at the top.

James

8. comptechltd

comptechltd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    James,

You were able to get the screen to auto-rotate when you flipped it around on a CF-18D mk2?????

How did you do this????

Steve

9. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    Yes you need to have the Screen rotation software installed. It is called disp rotation. one you have it installed you will need to right click on the small icon on the taskbar and Change the preset angles to what you want. then when you rotate the screen it will Change the orientation. but this will only change the rotation once you put it into tablet mode. it does not Know if you turn the screen 90° etc. this will have to be done by the rotation button.

10. comptechltd

comptechltd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I found where it was. Had this laptop for 4 years and didn't realize it would auto rotate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.