CES 2020 - Events, Announcements, Video, Articles...

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by hmscott, Dec 31, 2019.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    CES 2020 Gear and Gadgets coverage...

CES 2020 Showstoppers: Checking Out the Best New Products
    Jan 8, 2020
    AppleInsider
    Showstoppers at CES 2020 has several new and exciting accessories for Apple users that supercharge their Mac, protect their iPhone, and smarten up their home. Here are all the best new accessories we tracked down!
    Read more ➡ https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/...

The Best Gear & Gadgets From CES Unveiled 2020
    Jan 6, 2020
    AppleInsider
    AppleInsider is hands-on at CES 2020 at the first event of the year -- CES Unveiled. We take a look at all the best gear and gadgets that made its way to the show floor. Read more ➡ https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/...

Gear and Gadgets for Apple Users...

The Best Gear & Gadgets From Pepcom @ CES 2020!
    Jan 7, 2020
    AppleInsider
    Here is all the latest and greatest gadgets, gear, and accessories that launched at Pepcom 2020 during CES. Including HomeKit accessories, chargers, and much more!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  2. hmscott

Reputations:
    More laptop news from CES 2020:

ASUS DITCHES Intel
    Jan 6, 2020
    ASUS one of the top contenders for gaming laptops makes an interesting switch and leaves big ol' blue left in the dust.

New Dell G5 Goes Full AMD + Radeon at CES 2020
    Jan 7, 2020
    Jarrod'sTech
    The new Dell G5 15 Special Edition gaming laptop was shown off at CES 2020, and uses the new AMD Ryzen 4000 series CPUs and Radeon RX 5600M graphics, making it the first all AMD gaming laptop within Dell’s G series. The new XPS 13 9300 has also been upgraded, and I'll give a brief update on Alienware gaming laptops.
    Check out the rest of my CES 2020 coverage here

A Laptop for Real Professionals! - Acer ConceptD 7 Ezel Pro
    Jan 8, 2020
    Linus Tech Tips
    9.9M subscribers
    Thanks to Pulseway for sponsoring our CES 2020 Coverage! Acer has created a laptop with the kinds of features real professionals need in the ConceptD 7 Ezel Pro.

New ASUS TUF Budget Gaming Laptops - A15 and A17 at CES 2020
    Jan 8, 2020
    Jarrod'sTech
    ASUS are launching new budget friendly gaming laptops in the TUF range at CES 2020, the A15 and A17. These laptops will initially be available with AMD’s new Ryzen 4000 series CPUs and Nvidia graphics - you'll find out everything we know in this overview!

The New Lenovo Y740s Gaming Laptop Has No GPU Inside!
    Jan 9, 2020
    Jarrod'sTech
    The new Lenovo Y740s gaming laptop is thinner and lighter than most others, owing to the lack of discrete graphics inside. Lenovo are introducing the BoostStation eGPU enclosure to give you the option of using a more portable laptop that you can connect up at home for full performance. I’ll also take a look at the new Lenovo X1 Fold, an interesting tablet/laptop like device with a foldable screen.

12 CPU Cores In A Laptop!?
    Jan 8, 2020
    Jarrod'sTech
    XMG introduced me to the Clevo NH57ADS at CES 2020. With full AM4 socket support, it can run with a 12 core/24 thread Ryzen 9 3900 processor! Is this the most powerful laptop in terms of multicore CPU performance? Let's find out more!

OLED LAPTOPS?? WATERCOOLED SERVERS?? Gigabyte at CES 2020
    Jan 8, 2020
    Solid State Tech
    Gigabyte is showing off some cool stuff this year, notably new OLED laptops and a new solution for server liquid cooling.

MSI Creator Laptop sports the first mini-LED display panel - CES 2020
    Jan 8, 2020
    Newegg Studios
    Newegg headed to the MSI booth at CES2020 to talk with Jorge Meza about the new MSI Creator Laptop. It's the first laptop to use mini-LED display panel technology and is built just for creators.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    SamuelL421 likes this.
  3. hmscott

Reputations:
    More laptop news from CES 2020...

Foldable PCs at CES 2020
    Jan 9, 2020
    Engadget
    Foldable phones may have had a rocky 2019, but that hasn't deterred other companies from exploring the world of flexible screens. At CES 2020 we saw foldable PC prototypes from three different companies, Intel, Dell, and Lenovo, and Lenovo's Thinkpad X1 Fold you can actually buy. The Dell Ori and Duet, and Intel Horseshoe Bend probably won't ever go on sale, but are a look at the kind of devices we might be able to expect to see in the future.

CES 2020: MSI Gaming laptops for 2020 !
    Jan 8, 2020
    KitGuruTech
    Leo and Luke are over at CES in Vegas this week, and they spent a lot of time today at MSI. This is our third video for today and we look at the new AMD powered Alpha 15 and Bravo 15 laptops, as well as the new GS66 stealth laptop and GE66 Raider laptop.

4. hmscott

Reputations:
    Is this a CES 2020 induced decent into Madness? :D

Sony's best announcement EVER!!!
    Jan 8, 2020
    CNET

5. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That’s awesome!

Saw that this morning from in the Acer Helios 500 thread! Looks like it may be a 15”, I thought 17” was a given considering the cooling needs.

Biggest question remaining for me is whether or not the gpu will be MXM, 1660ti is nice though I hope there’s an option for quadros.

hmscott likes this.
  6. hmscott

Reputations:
    Weber SmokeFire Connected Grill...

Weber SmokeFire and Connect first look at CES 2020

Jan 9, 2020
    Engadget

Marcus at CES 2020:

Dope Tech of CES 2020: Sony Made a Car?!
    Jan 9, 2020
    Marques Brownlee
    Sony made a car. OnePlus made a piano. Razer made a mini PC. CES still got it!
    OnePlus Concept One
    My CES photo thread: https://twitter.com/MKBHD/status/1214... O

Home of the Future at CES 2020!
    Jan 9, 2020
    WHAT'S INSIDE? FAMILY
    Tour of the LG ThinQ Anywhere is Home Booth at CES. Thanks to LG Electronics for Sponsoring this Video. Some really interesting current and future Tech inside of this booth that will someday connect our homes to our Cars and even restaurant to make life easier for us.
    Check out Zack’s video here Stay tuned for a full review of things I loved at CES coming soon on the main channel.

A Transparent OLED TV in a Refrigerator?! - CES 2020!
    Jan 9, 2020
    JerryRigEverything
    https://www.lg.com/us/lg-thinq and huge thanks to LG for sponsoring this video! We have some big projects coming up this year. LG has some pretty interesting innovations for the future of smart homes. Robot dishwashers, smart cars, smart DOORS. There is so much going on in this video so I'm glad LG let me come see it all in person. Anywhere is home!

A closer look at NEON at CES 2020
    Jan 8, 2020
    Engadget
    Neon and its "artificial human" avatars were the first viral hit of CES. It had everything to get the internet excited: A corporate giant (the company is from Samsung's STAR Labs), buzzwords (Avatars! Realistic AI assistants!) and confusion. Redditors combed the internet for details and YouTube channel Good Content pulled together a surprisingly comprehensive dossier on a company that's barely half a year old. Neon then officially announced itself to CES in a press release rich in hyperbole, complicated machine learning jargon and a pretty opaque mission statement. There was also the promise of Neons "reacting and responding in real-time". I had to see it for myself.

CNET continues Live Coverage of CES 2020...

CES 2020 Livestream: All the BEST and WORST tech we saw at the Consumer Electronic Show
    Started streaming 35 minutes ago
    CNET
    It’s CNET’s final day at the Consumer Electronics Show 2020 but we aren’t finished yet! Join us on Thursday, Jan. 9th, at 9 a.m. PT for the BEST and Worst from the Consumer Electronics Show. See all the best laptops and smart home tech for 2020 plus a few other fun surprises to close out CNET’s Livestream from Las Vegas. Find out which tech turned heads and what flopped in Las Vegas.

Consumer Electronics Show (CES) - Day Four - Digital Trends Live - 1.9.20
    Started streaming 52 minutes ago
    Digital Trends
    On the show today: We're live for the final day at the biggest consumer tech show on the planet. The Digital Trends staff has journeyed around the show and we've found our Top Tech of CES. Today on the show, we'll be at the booth of Bridgestone looking at their airless tires; Riley Winn will get a tour of the most advanced tractor from John Deere; We'll demo the some VR Cybershoes; We'll talk to Virgin Hyperloop and find out when we might actually get to ride one; Take some selfies from drones with AirSelfie; The latest kitchen and smart home appliances from GE Appliances and a whole lot more, all on Digital Trends Live.

Google Booth tour at CES 2020
    Jan 9, 2020
    Engadget

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
    Intel VP shows off desktop GPU.

Intel reveals the desktop DG1
    Jan 9, 2020
    PCWorld
    Gordon interviews Intel GM & VP of Intel Graphics Ari Rauch about the desktop version of DG1 software development vehicle.

8. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Looking at the pictures it’s pretty clear it’s a soldered GPU. This is an NH5x/7x series model, and Clevo only uses MXM on their P7 series. Idk about Quadro, but it will be configurable up to a 115W RTX 2070.

SamuelL421 and hmscott like this.
  9. hmscott

Reputations:
    Seems like fair price...

Arcade1Up's massive NBA Jam machine hands-on at CES 2020

Jan 9, 2020
    Engadget

10. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Again, hoping to see the onslaught of amd laptops coming in very very hot! Finally the laptop space, getting the attention it deserves :).
    The mech g17 is still my awesome machine although I do prefer remoting to it from my Surface Laptop 3 (don't ask, my company gets me these laptops as loans, as long as I keep coding ;)).
    I wish the Surface Laptop 3 came in the 17" flavor but the 3:2 ratio makes the 15" estate quite pleasant. The Ryzen 5 it sports is more than capable and runs really nice while lasting 6-8 hours easy.

Intel so far is offering a lot of fluff (AI? Seriously?). I don't want to sound like an AMD fanboy but after years of sucking up and paying the intel premium tax (and nvidia too to a certain degree), I can't wait to drop more support on team red's terrific rise.

Right now I'm waiting for a 17"+ lightweight all AMD laptop (something like the lenovo y740s but 17" would be very close or the Eluktronics MAX 17) .

It's going to be a pretty epic year!