CD burning problems....Is it the Brand?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KidNovelist, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KidNovelist

KidNovelist Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi. sorry to bother you guys but which CD-RW brand name should I buy? I've tried HP, then Fujifilm but I'm having technical difficuties CD burning songs and episodes with them so I was wondering of buying Maxell because it works really well(tried it). Is that good or do you recommend better? Or is it that HP and Fujifilm work ok but there's something wrong with my computer? Did anyone experience this before or know a solution?

When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge.- Albert Einstein

2. Big Calhoun

Big Calhoun Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Woah, slow down!! [:D]

What exactely is the problem you're having? Burning coasters? CD drive not recognizing blank CD's? Skips or pops in your recorded CDs? What CD-ROM drive are you using?

I've used Sony/Matshu****a (sp?) for the past several years and haven't had any problem with any brand of CDR or CDRW. I did own one Sony CDR/W drive that crapped out after 100 burns, but I was able to trace that back to the device, not the disks. The one thing I've noticed about the cheaper CDRs is that the recording film seems to come off easy. I once purchased some CompUSA branded CDRs and the sligtest scratch would end up removing a large portion of the recording layer. When possible, stick to name brands and premium quality. If you have access to a BJs or Sams Club, check them out. I get 100 Fuji premimiums for $30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.