Car Wheel Leds!

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by spradhan01, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxwanabe

linuxwanabe Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It depends on the jurisdiction. In some communities, where a local court is supported by a "speed trap," the law doesn't really matter, especially if you're from out of state.

So, probably not a good idea....

2. linuxwanabe

Reputations:
    There's absolutely nothing suspicious about those particular Southern states outlawing a vehicle accessory associated with hip-hop culture, is there?

3. grimreefer1967

grimreefer1967 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Cry me a river... :rolleyes:

No, there is nothing suspicious about it. They're not "outlawed". You can put whatever you want on your car no matter how stupid, but once you enter the public roadways you have to follow certain rules and every state has laws banning or severely restricting any external vehicle lighting.

4. spradhan01

spradhan01 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just a quick question:
    Its time for me to return Minnesota from Maryland. I was thinking to visit NY since I haven't been there yet. Some of my friends were really scaring me that I will have hard time driving there or I might face some problems because of the traffic and people. I was getting nervous so I planned that I will leave MD on Wednesday 3-4am so that I will reach my hotel in NY around 8 am so that I can avoid some office hour. Is it really that scary to drive there?
    Any tips or suggestions on that?

5. linuxwanabe

Reputations:

You'd be better off leaving at midnight and driving around Manhattan at 3-4AM. Personally, I don't find traffic in Manhattan to be any worse than any other city if you're an aware and active driver. If you're indecisive, inexperienced or a passive driver, you're better off taking the train.

The great thing about Manhattan is that there's plenty of parking garages and lots, if you don't mind paying the price.

6. spradhan01

spradhan01 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Its just that I haven't drove in so much rush. I am ok driving in Minneapolis and other cities. I have never been to NY and some people were recommending me to take a motel in NJ and then visit NY. Any tips on how to make this one day visit worthful?

7. linuxwanabe

Reputations:
    It all depends on what you want to do when you're in New York? As far as staying in NJ, just keep public transportation in mind. You don't want to take a taxi from NJ to NY under any circumstances. It's just too expensive.

Driving isn't the issue. If you're traveling during rush hour on a weekday, you can expect packed trains, much in the same way you can expect packed highways.

First of all decide on your destination in Manhattan, then figure out how to get there. Train, bus, ferry, subway, taxi - OR if you're driving, the availability and cost of parking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.