car trouble on my integra

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Espada, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Espada

Espada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

Did all that all last week when i checked on the header, i changed the oil, valve covers and intake. The only thing that i didnt do was fuel filter.

2. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    what do u mean by "valve covers"? u have to take off your valve cover and use specific tools to adjust your valves back to factor specs. results in much smoother engine idle, better gas mileage, and it gets rid of the "knocks" and "knicks" sounds the engine might make.

get a short ram intake if u are interested in aftermarket. less hassle, easier to install, and no worries about locking up your engine with water.

3. Espada

Reputations:
    yea i had my Godfather do that since he was a mechanic and i meant to say valve cover gaskets (car was leaking oil). and i have a short ram intake already had to change the filter cause it had a whole, and since we tightened the bolts on the headers i currently have I am not having that big of an issue on using alot of gas anymore. But now since i called the guy on newegg that was selling the headers (it was amazing that they had that on newegg lol) he said it had a dent so they cant send it to me and they are asking the manufactuerer for new ones and it can take up to a month and a half for them to get it. Now i gotta find a new site for oem headers to put on my car. :( it was cheap too on new egg $55.

4. houstoned

Reputations:
    gotcha!

have u checked the local automotive forums or junk yards? the B18 platform is super common. maybe craig's list? u could always pick up a new set of aftermarket OEM-style (ie: taiwanese) ones or a replica aftermarket "performance" one.

anyway, there are different methods to temporarily patch it up if u want. weld, liquid metal, header wraps, etc.

5. Espada

Reputations:
    yup checked craigslist already. Well either way ordered them online for $90. unfortunately this is cutting from my savings on a new computer :( . I also just put si rims and have to pay my godfather $200. and next paycheck gotta get new front axle. Oh well the laptop that has the specs i want on the laptop is the lenovo s430 anyways (hope that uses an i7 quad).

6. houstoned

Reputations:
    a "nice" laptop is more of a luxury. u need a good reliable car.

7. Espada

Reputations:
    100% agreed since my job is delivery pizzas. I absolutely need a car!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.