car trouble on my integra

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Espada, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Espada

Espada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    K even though its a computer forum maybe someone knows a little about my car trouble.So I've had trouble down the road just changed my rotors, changing my rear brake pads, and even changed my valves for the engine for the oil leak. But i noticed something while driving I feel like the car is using up more gas then it normally does, and most of the car sound isnt sounding like its coming from the exhaust like when i first got it and coming all from the engine... You think i need new headers?? its for an integra gsr.. If its the headers I can get it replaced for like $50 max but I might know someone who has a spare. :).. (the sound of the car is making the deep throaty sound, really hard to explain but really sounds like my old LS until the vtec hits of course)

2. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    Could be a bad gasket on the exhaust manifold, or your exhaust system could have a hole due to rust. I'd start there.

3. visiom88

visiom88 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My previous Camry once had an issue which the engine sounded like there was another vacuum cleaner attached to the engine. It was resolved after replacing the airfilter housing which had cracks.

4. Espada

Reputations:
    yup we just recently checked we noticed that all the sound was coming from the front and not from the exhaust. And noticed that the bolts are loose when you hit the gas you see the part shake and move out a little. So luckly we need to tighten those and all should be better. Other than that the car also has annoying screeching sound when reversing and since we changed the rotors has to be broken in a little more. cause it goes away if you ride on reverse then forward alot and it all went away. so no more car trouble but yea it had to do with the exhaust thanks for the advice.

5. Espada

Reputations:
    update: well we put the car on ramps to tighten the bolts and notice there are cracks on the exhaust headers! so now i have buy new one :(

6. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    That sucks, stock exhaust headers are like 100-200 dollars. My friend had a hole in his exhaust header, we managed to MIG weld it back.

7. Espada

Reputations:
    honestly i might just get ebay headers for like 60-80 bucks. My uncle/ cousin has been using it in their car for years and there is nothing wrong with them. I mean they wont give the performance they say but it'll prob be like the stock ones. and i need to change my front axels cause my right one is p. Lol other than those two things the car would be in working condition i hope.

8. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    I would be wary of non genuine headers, it can be a pain lining up anything, especially custom cats/exhaust piping OR you'll need custom work done.

I'm not surprised about front axles, Honda axles leave much to be desired. My Accord after 10 years had to get the left front replaced as it nearly fell apart.

9. Espada

Reputations:
    yea actually found another header from another site, suppose to be very similar to oem. i just have to wait until i get the header and try to install it. if it fits then im good until then i will be wasting gas up the butt. (i deliver pizza) so my gas is gonna be 2x worse than usual.

10. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    when was the last time the car had a tune up?

change/clean fuel filter(s), oil change, spark plugs, valve adjustment, and a cheap ebay intake will probably net u at least 5+ MPG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.