Car docks

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by evenflow153, Aug 11, 2019.

1. evenflow153

evenflow153 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I currently own 6 vehicles (a 1993 Dodge RAM 250 Club Cab, 1996 RAM 1500, 1991 (?) F150, 1983 Ford Ranger, 1965 Mustang, and a 2000 Lincoln Town Car golfing edition thing) and in my 93 Dodge I have a car dock. It’s mice to have buuuut there is a issue. It’s giant. I mounted it beside my handmade CB show what there saying device and uses serial on the 28 to transcribe the words. I needed a dock so I wouldn’t have to hope that I hit something bad. Now the 93 Ram isn’t “commuting” but I do in the ranger. I should put the everything in the ranger but I didn’t. Now should you buy one. Note these. There big for a 27 / 28/ 29 /30 dock. A 19 dock that @BaRRmaley has isn’t as gigantic as the 27 /28 /29 / 30 floor mounted dock. In the end it doesn’t even mattterrrr there fine and I own too many cars. No that’s not a thing :p

2. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    I had a mount in my 2002 Ranger. I loved it for the time I had it. I *almost* installed an external WWAN and GPS antenna. I loved it for the year+ I had it mounted. Then my company started pushing me to use the Lenovo laptop they supplied since we deal with sensitive info and they are locked down. I grudgingly switched over.

The mount I have for my Ranger is articulated so it swings out of the way when not needed but can be situated to allow for a passenger if needed. I have since removed the mount. Easy to do with two bolts and takes 2-3 minutes.

evenflow153 likes this.
  3. evenflow153

evenflow153 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don’t like Lenovo for a few reasons. However there early ThinkPads (T60) are nice. Now back to car docks. The one I have I got free from a old police car (aka the 96 RAM I got). Now the fact is that I took it out and put it in the nice 93 RAM. But my 336K+ miles I have on it has taken the toll. It needs transmission work, new turbo, new radio, and a new car dock. It’s fine but I put my *cough* *cough* CF-27 *cough* *cough* it fell on me. I know knew that I for got to bolt it in. Notice that I used random bolts and well it rusted out of place. I remember getting salt for something and it getting on it. Then later I spilled some Soda on it. Yay rust (sarcasm)! Now then I took it out and now I got a new one. Well it’s for the 30 buuut it still is fine. Same connecter and everything.