Can't Undervolt CPU in Bios - Clevo P870DM3-G

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Kaje85, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrClippy

MrClippy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's up to you which one to use. But don't use a combination as it could cause miscalculations from one offset over another. I'd say the easiest to use is Throttlestop, but if you have PremaMod that probably has more features. Intel also has a large set of features, and I believe that it's usually tied to the clevo app unless you set it to not be installed with the clevo control center. The stock BIOS is probably the most barebones of all the methods. I think stock bios has an option somewhere under overclock tab. I personally use Throttlestop so that voltages aren't saved if something goes wrong and I'm just used to using it across different computers.

For reference, my last 6700k could hit -110 Mhz undervolt stable at 4.3 Ghz all cores. But how much you undervolt greatly depends on how much you intend to overclock; usually the higher the overclock, the less you can undervolt or else BSOD will be a frequent occurence. Pick your clock speed, and then like Meaker@sager said undervolt in small increments of, say, 5 Mhz.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It also depends on your chip, some will undervolt more than others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.