cant install intel win 8.1 drivers on win 8.0 system

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Lnd27, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Then you don't have a right to complain about it. You're using an unsupported operating system because you're stubbornly refusing to install a service pack. There's a big difference between a service pack like 8.1 and a full OS like Windows 10. Microsoft didn't make 8.1 mandatory for support for any shady reasons, there are a lot of bugs in 8 that Microsoft fixed in 8.1 and you're just setting yourself up for a LOT of headaches staying on 8.

KING19 likes this.
  2. alexhawker

alexhawker Spent Gladiator

Reputations:
    8 is fully unsupported by MS, while 7 and 8.1 are still supported. It's not Intel, and it's not an upgrade, it's a service pack, as others have said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KING19 likes this.
  3. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Im really starting to think you're being stubborn for no reason. Like i and others has said 8.1 is a service pack to win8 which addressed a lot of issues that was reported. My system also came with 8 and it was pretty buggy until i updated to 8.1 when it was released. You'll solve your problem very easily if you just update to 8.1 like the rest of us did instead of sticking with a OS that MS quickly stopped supporting. If you wanna stick with windows 8 and continue to give yourself an headache then by all means go for it, its up to you

alexhawker likes this.
  4. Lnd27

Lnd27 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    some people use XP, some - Vista.. just becouse they want/need it.
    is not forum exist to help them?
    in my case intel deleted 2 strings in Skylake Hd graphic inf file for no reason.
    Not sure if it is a reason for me to upgrade.XD

Currently only problem with intel wi-fi card left ( but atm i 'm looking for replacement.
    thank you

5. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You're not getting it. Its a service pack. Microsoft discontinued support for 8 because it was a DISASTER. There is absolutely NOTHING in 8.1 that isn't an improvement over 8. Quit being stubborn and just upgrade, seriously. You're making things incredibly difficult on yourself and you're going to find that the driver API between 8 and 8.1 is not the same so eventually you will run into things that are broken. Its stupid to go the route you are and dump decent hardware like the 8260 just because you are upset that Intel isn't supporting an OS that Microsoft doesn't support. Sure people use XP and Vista but they also know that they're on their own. 8.1 is a free upgrade to 8 and its got support for years from Microsoft. I don't understand your position. People with XP and Vista most likely have to stay with those OSes because of hardware support or programs that don't work but if you're running 8, you're choosing to run an unsupported OS just because you don't want to install a service pack which is what 8.1 is.

Its totally true that the forum is here to assist people but the best assistance we can give you is getting you to upgrade to 8.1. End of story.

alexhawker likes this.
  6. Lnd27

Lnd27 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @Ethrem, i honestly trued wi8.1 but i dont saw any improvements for my setup exp for driver support.
    Also , i think that people can have a choice (even if their choice is stupid).

7. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    So no improvements but what about problems? If you didn't have problems it makes no sense to downgrade to an unsupported OS.

alexhawker likes this.
  8. alexhawker

alexhawker Spent Gladiator

Reputations:
    Sounds like a major improvement...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    I am using an XP x64 driver in Win10 x64 for my old Sony mp3 player, some drivers just work, give em a try.

John.

Lnd27 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.