can't even tell if they're joking with this

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by ole!!!, Jan 25, 2020.

1. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    hmscott likes this.
  2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I'm surprised that 7-screener hasn't turned up in a Hollywood movie. (Or has it?) I want to see it folded up.

The last big notebook that had more than two screens was the circa-2017 Razer Project Valerie, though it was only a prototype (that was later stolen) and didn't see production. The legendary ThinkPad W700ds is still the biggest multi-screen notebook to enter production (it's featured in our Top 10 Iconic Notebooks that Changed Mobile Computing article), but this thing dwarfs it.

Charles

hmscott likes this.
  3. Hirosake

Hirosake Guest

Reputations:
    Is it April 1st?
    Looks like a decepticon:eek:

Decepticon_small.jpg

hmscott and ole!!! like this.
  4. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    there was a gscreen spacebook before but it never came into production. donno whatever happen to it but those are old specs now. i'd consider this old spec too unless they choose to continue this with intel's 10nm cpu

hmscott likes this.
  5. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Expanscape_Aurora_7_Pic1.jpg Expanscape_Aurora_7_Pic2.jpg

look at the pictures closely, looks like taped together machine LOL. keyboard looks bent, screen corners look like its taped.

edit: on their spec page mentioned about 9900k with z170 so either they don't know their stuff or they doing a pin mod for this, simply typo or a scam? looking at their press info on expanscape website, mentioning they also have 13 and 15 inch laptops in development and honestly that seems extremely unrealistic.

making a laptop already cost a lot, I can understand their A7 M2 and A7 extreme going off same chassis and just different specs but overall is the same. going 13" and 15" ontop of all that. if looks like fish and smells like fish..

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    hmscott likes this.
  6. 1610ftw

1610ftw Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I linked to this one before in the Clevo forums as it seems that they frankensteined a poor old P775 chassis for this monstrosity.

Once they get to this number of screens it would be easier to just design it as a standalone solution that could be connected to the Thunderbolt port of more than just one type of laptop. It would also help with travelling as the half dozen screens could travel separately from the laptop.

ole!!! likes this.
  7. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    that explains why they'd need the additional battery pack because displays are external. looking from the picture looks like they expanded the laptop chassis on the outside? and have wiring/cable route around most outer layer of their own slapped on chassis to make it look like built in. looks horrendous and give the feeling of unit not being solid.

1610ftw likes this.
  8. 1610ftw

1610ftw Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You can see a bit more on their site, they admit it is a prototype - looks rather less than great and I would fear that something may come off during transport:
    https://expanscape.com/the-aurora-7-prototype/screen-transition-method/

Looking at the specifications now it seems to be a P775TM:
    https://expanscape.com/the-aurora-7-prototype/a7-m2-prototype-specifications/

They need the external batteries as there is no way that they will be able to cram it all into the P775TM chassis.
    If I had to guess I would think that there are more prototypes to come - hopefully they will not have more prototypes than actual sales when all is said and done.

ole!!! likes this.
  9. sa7ina

sa7ina Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    :cool:
    pwm570 back from the dead on steroids.
    14KG
    60% of "Wight 10KG MAX"
    :)
    Screenshot from 2020-01-26 21-24-38.png

10. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    makes you wonder why they dont sell the display separately, probably try to make additional by being a reseller