Can't adjust brightness on windows 10 on my old notebook hardware upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by TakedaYabu, Feb 17, 2019.

1. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't remember, are the right chipset drivers installed?

The upcoming Windows 10 has a different brightness control, looks better to me.
    upload_2019-3-1_13-54-5.png

TakedaYabu likes this.
  2. TakedaYabu

TakedaYabu Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Sorry but I'm not putting my old CPU because I already sold it and it wasn't my interest to have a older and weaker hardware...

Anyways, could we do a voice chat so we can discuss further about this issue? Using the forum to chat is very ineffective and slow...

That seems interesting, do you know the release date of that Windows 10 version? Maybe that can fix

Also, could we do a voice chat so we can discuss further about this issue? Using the forum to chat is very ineffective and slow...

3. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No, I don't, but I think it will be available within 4 - 6 weeks. I don't expect it to affect your keyboard brightness control. For now you can use the brightness button shown in my first post (have you tried it?).
    I'm sorry, I think we have exhausted every option here. I don't have any ideas left.

KING19 likes this.
  4. TakedaYabu

TakedaYabu Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey again.

Yes, tried that and much more including shortcuts. Nothing works unless I switch back to the MS GPU stuff.

Can't we really have a voice chat through WhatsApp or Steam in order to view possible situations and expose the situation? I would be better than Forum... please?

5. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What's the situation with the chipset driver, have you ever updated that one?

6. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can you check your device manager to see if you have any missing drivers

Example:
    [​IMG]

The only thing i can think of is that your new CPU is the causing issue because normally installing your display driver from Intel/AMD/Nvidia will fix that issue. Im starting to think that your system dont have switchable graphics and normally with systems with non-switchable graphics the dedicated GPU is used as the display driver and Intel/AMD IGPU is disabled. But still you should be installing the right drivers for your system.

SL2 likes this.
  7. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Two things to try out.

https://community.amd.com/thread/184510