Canadian's who ordered a Y580

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by miscolobo, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joseph10444

joseph10444 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    im still waiting lol, prob until 730 pm...

how did you find out it was using intel hd 4000?

2. shak541

shak541 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ohh man.. thats good news :) and im guessing he knew cause it was lagging.... i know in my m14x the intel HD3000 is only 1/3 of my gt555m ... and also if you use MSI afterburner with the OSD you can see if the GPU clocks and GPU usage go up high or not showing you if your using your dedicated graphics card or not :)

3. critical2hit

critical2hit Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    To be honest, I'm really surprised by the performance of the Intel Graphics; I knew Ivy Bridge had a decent discrete graphics card, but not this good. And yes it was kind of lagging, but honestly I had it at 1980x1080 with all the graphics set to max and it was still playable; much more than my old laptop even with it's dedicated graphic card!

I'm guessing if I lowered the resolution slightly or had it set the quality to high, not max, I probably wouldn't have even noticed it was using Intel Graphics.

4. joseph10444

joseph10444 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    amazing lol

5. shheitt

shheitt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ordered mine on the 18th of July, Ship date is listed as the 27th (was originally the 23rd). I ordered after Dell cancelled my order with them repeatedly without explanation. They begged me to reconsider. But if I get this one in a couple weeks, I'll be satisfied.

6. @bobo

@bobo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My 209945U took 10 calendar days (technically 9 as I ordered around 11pm) from order to arrival. IMO that's pretty darn fast since it's shipped directly from Shanghai.

Edit: nvm didnt see that this was for Canucks, carry on.

7. shak541

Reputations:
    so good news.. mine shipped yesterday :) its on the way :) hoping everything was built right and everything goes good in the shipping.. does anyone want a review from me on this laptop? im coming from the alienware m14x so let me know if you guys want a review and/or comparisons like pros and cons to the laptops :)

8. zicky

zicky Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just picked mine up, it technically arrived on the 25th but wasn't at home to receive it and after some haggling on the phone, I managed to convince UPS to just keep it on one of their location and I'd go pick it up. So, Hello 23 seconds startup!! Still tweaking around the laptop but I like it so far save for the trackpad which doesn't seem to have scroll up/down enabled

9. titanlord1

titanlord1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How did u get 23 second startup mine is usually 44 seconds.

10. shak541

Reputations:
    haha cant wait for mine.. hopefully 10 second bootup time.. SSD FTW!! :D ... and im guessing by removing all the stuff installed from factory and unnecessary startup programs :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.