Canadian's who ordered a Y580

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by miscolobo, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joseph10444

joseph10444 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I, too, successfully received a 1Z tracking number (thanks guys) but it doesnt seem to work? lol which tracking website do i use? the UPS one or UPS SCS?

EDIT: wait never mind that, i changed to canadian website and it works, thanks so much!

but it says someone over 21 years of age must sign the package -_--- but im going to be the only one home.. is there a workaround for this?? : (

but i really appreciate you guys posting this :)

2. critical2hit

critical2hit Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's great to hear! My laptop also shipped on the 18th, but I'm going to confirm with TY_Lenovo right now. :)

Edit: Yep, it's coming my way. :D

3. joseph10444

Reputations:
    oh boy, im excited, it just finished destination scan at like 10 pm and they said it's coming tomorrow (or technically today)!

4. shak541

shak541 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ohh man.. U guys are lucky.. Ordered mine last Wednesday on the 18th was supposed to ship out on the 22nd .. Now it was delayed to yesterday and today still nothing so far.. I hope this thing ships out soon :(

5. joseph10444

Reputations:
    it probably will :)

lol i think most of us waited 2+ weeks :(

6. shak541

Reputations:
    Yea man the wait sucks :( but as long as the laptop comes in ok and without issues or anything I will be happy :) this thing is a beast for only like 930 bucks :p

7. shak541

Reputations:
    Ohh man. Waiting kills me .. Im.so.hyped about this laptop can't wait :) and ig my last post didnt gothrough .. But im hoping everything comes in ok without issues. Also anyone doing any upgrades to theirs? Im moving my hyper x ram into the new laptop along with my SSD :) :p

EDIT: just talked to a rep "K^&*&ik Kri^&*ty" about my order and the actual date should be the 27th and things are a bit delayed due to very high demand.

Also my order is a high priority since ive talked to them twice about this so hopefully all is well :)

8. zicky

zicky Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ordered mine on Sunday 15th, went to Released to Manufacturing on the 17th, In production on the 19th, Shipped on the 20th and still shipping (estimated for the 26th) it seems since the tracking number does not seem to work and Ty_Lenovo didn't give me a new one but said it will work once it arrives to Canada. All in all, it was very straightforward in comparison to the stories I read here (it was the one with the SSD on the canadian website).

9. shak541

Reputations:
    nice man! good to hear :) mine is almost the same... minus the fact that production is taking a long time.. i ordered then was released to manufacturing quick and then in production.. stuck there and i really hope mine ships out on friday :)

10. critical2hit

critical2hit Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just got the laptop a few hours ago; took some time to set everything up and I'm using it right now! :)

So far, I only tried World at War max settings and was surprised to find that it was kind of lagging sometimes. Then I found that it was still using Intel HD Graphics 4000 and never switched to the GTX 660, which I later took care of by going to the NVidia Control Panel. Just tried it with the dedicated graphics card and I have to say, it chewed right through W@W as expected. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.