Can you sense or feel energy as in Qi energy or something similar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mythless, May 19, 2007.

?

Can you sense or feel energy as in Qi energy or something similar?

1. Yes, of course!

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Sometimes, it's a bit random at times.

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. Maybe, never really tried!

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  4. Nope, I can't!

16 vote(s)
    42.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sesshomaru

sesshomaru Suspended Disbelief!

Reputations:
    Sometimes... It used to be more frequent, but has tapered off of late. I can't quantify what I've felt, but I would call it akin to sensing vibes being given off. I am not really into qi and stuff, and mostly look at faith healers and their lot with derision, but sometimes, a feeling i can only describe as weird/unusual passes, esp when in tense situations, or when meeting new people. Or sensing personal danger or to close associates. The only time it was something definite, was when a close friend attempted suicide.

2. zicky

zicky Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Oh, I've felt something similar as Sesshomaru described. In my case, I get a sensation, I hear a faint ringing (akin to tinnictus, and increases in volume progressively and deafens me a bit) accompanied with a strong impression feeling on my head (as if I had been whacked but from the inside).. i sometimes tear out of the impression. It lasts for a few seconds. I felt it more when I was younger though. And sometimes (quite probably cause I want to give it an explanation, but I cannot do it every time) I find out something happened or someone (I'm fond of) entered the room (or building) I'm in.

I can recall a few times. Here's a few examples:
    My cousin used to work at a cyber cafe. One afternoon, he got held at gunpoint by a thief. The gun was pointed at his head while the thief tried to tie him and take everything in the store. Since he couldn't do it by himself, he didn't finish tying my cousin and told him to open a bag and dump every laptop inside (still pointing the gun at his head). I was at work and I got the feeling at 4:20 pm and lasted for about some 2-3 minutes (yes, I try to keep a record of how long it lasts if I'm able, when it lasts this long, I knew something was up). So I arrived at home and my cousin was there ... retelling everything to my mom and I didn't pay attention since I didn't know, so at about 6:30, he went to my room and started telling me the story .... I asked at what time did it happen? He replied at about 4:30pm ...

- When I was in college, I met a person, we both are from the same city but we didn't know each other before and barely knew of anyone who had known us both at home. I wasn't initially drawn to this person, and we just exchaned MSNs and that was it. For some reason (cause I barely talk on MSN even though I'm on most of the time), we started talking in MSN and though we decided to meet, we couldn't for some reason. I met him the most through MSN and it took a while for us to be able to hang out and eventually we did. One time, he went to my house and knocked at my door, I didn't know he was coming, but like 1 or 2 seconds before he knocked, I had the "feeling" and I heard the knocking so I went to open the door and when I opened it, I immediately felt the need of kneeling, and I almost did (it was like a reflex, I stopped midways) and he asked what was wrong and I said, I don't know, just felt like I had to kneel to you. He just laughed. His personality is very gentle. He has very good traits, he would go out of his way to give shoes to a poor person that doesn't have a pair or something like that, he's a very strong willed person; however, he's bi-polar so he has strong constrants; he tends to lie quite a bit, about himself or his family trying to diguise that they're not as poor as they really are.

3. fabarati

fabarati Frorum Obfuscator

Reputations:
    ... Kneel?

4. mythless

mythless King of Pies

Reputations:
    Thanks for the response. Now I have to admit, I have refrained myself on being very specific when talking about Qi (chinese terminology of energy). I have to admit that. Now, that being said, I cannot say for certain those who have some ESP ability that those responses or sensations are Qi.

As well I don't mind these various response because it shows people have different ideas or perceptions on what energy is (as you I switched to the english translation). Also, it makes it more interesting.

However, I will say this much. ESP for me is not necessarily related to Qi energy, but can be an extension of it, or not even related to it at all. ESP can be treated as a separate sensation, since I don't know many people who claim they can feel/control Qi but have ESP ability. This can also be said towards certain mediums and such.

Nonetheless, I'll give a situation to define the energy sensation process more easily. In case there are any doubts, but I kinda wanted to refrain from it, but since people's idea is a bit different than what I expected I hope this clears any confusion.

***if you were placed in an empty room with a "energy master" I.e. Qi gong master, yogic master, reiki, aura master of some sort. The master is behind you in a distance of 2 feet. If the master transmitted energy towards you, are you able to feel it.***

5. fabarati

Reputations:
    Quite possibly, yes. I've been able to sense people in my proxomity for a long time.

6. Lysander

Lysander AFK, raid time.

Reputations:
    I don't believe in hocus pocus. :p

I trust the cold hand of science.

7. iza

iza Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, "sensing" someone behind you or stuff like that (if that's what you were referring to), is usually just sub-consciously picking up on subtle cues through your other senses; like the sound of their breathing, changes in lighting/shadows/reflexions, slight air-pressure change, scent, vibrations, etc.

8. mythless

mythless King of Pies

Reputations:
    I strongly agree with you iza, also facial expression is another cue, if you are facing the person.

9. fabarati

Reputations:
    See, for me "Qi" is just that. The ability to project so other people more easily can sense you or have a harder time.

10. mythless

mythless King of Pies

Reputations:
    I see your point, However, that is not Qi from the Chinese definition. However, since you did place it in quotations, you were referring to energies in general. However, I would again disagree and many others as well would. Since, perception of subtle cues as a determining factor is not energy at all. Now, if you were able to sense energy without any cues of any sort, that would be different. People can project energy without any cues.