Can you help me find a cellphone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lottdod_1999, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howitzer225

Howitzer225 Death Company Dreadnought

Reputations:
    XpressMusic 5730?

2. lottdod_1999

lottdod_1999 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    All those little tiny fullsize keyboards are awful.. like the ones on the blackberry.

I'd rather just have something with big,m nice feeling regular buttons. Or maybe the kind where each key has 2 letters

3. Metamorphical

Metamorphical Good computer user

Reputations:
    You want a real challenge? Try the keys on the Palm Centro. =P

The full Qwerty keyboard on Blackberries and other smartphone are obviously meant to make it easier to message, browse the web, and type the emails. They have to be a little small in order to fit all the keys. On many of the newer smartphones and Blackberrys like the Samsung Jack and Blackberry Bold the keys are a little larger and more square-like than dot like so maybe that would be more your cup of tea. But this is a very subjective thing. I actually have more trouble with the slide out keyboard on the HTC Fuze, and on other Qwerty phones like the Pantec Matrix and LG Xenon. The Samsung Impression on the other hand is a sweet phone IMO and I can text fine on it.

Sorry in advance all the phone I mentioned are AT&T but play with many toys on that carrier every day.

4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    They all suck IMO. I think texting is the worst invention ever. I get emails from cell phones that look like they were written with a broken keyboard or from a third grader, or someone that is just learning the language! And it's acceptable in a business environment too!?

5. Patrick

Patrick I beat spamers with stiks

Reputations:
    I use the Pre. Its close enough to the centro.

6. The_Moo™

The_Moo™ Here we go again.....

Reputations:
    lg voyager has a external touch screen but the inside has a full qwerty keyboard.

worth a look i guess....

7. Patrick

Patrick I beat spamers with stiks

Reputations:
    NO. NONONONONO. Evil Texting phone! It likes to restart on itself, and sometimes just sends [ page ] instead of an actual message.

8. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Wow, why do people make two different threads within a few hours with the same general topic. I'm sure if you brought this up in your other thread you'd get a better suggest phone. That being said, The LG Banter that I suggested in your other thread has fairly large buttons.

9. steelroots7xe

steelroots7xe Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I hate tiny fullsized keyboards too. I guess people are starting to have smaller fingers. It's the norm nowadays.

Anyways, for a smartphone with keys that have 2 letters each, check out the (rather dated)
    Sony Ericcsson P1. It's got both tactile and touchscreen controls.

However, for really big buttons solely for texting, check out the upcoming Noka 3720 Classic . It's a rugged phone with IP-54 certification that indicates complete dust and splash resistance and also claimed Shock Resistance.

Good luck on your search...

10. mrXniick

mrXniick 8

Reputations:
    Agree with the pointless threads back to back...

A for phone keyboards, some are quite good. The blackberry bold has a pretty phenomenal hardware keyboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.