Can windows 7 be upgraded to windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by yotano21, Apr 4, 2018.

1. KING19

KING19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Tbh upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 is like a huge downgrade like everyone else said but anyways

Does your new laptop with Win10 already has a SSD like your old one? If so then all you have to do is transfer the stuff you wanna keep from your old laptop to either a flash drive or a cloud service to your new laptop without going through the trouble of upgrading your OS on your old one. Data can easily be transferred and stored to many other places and its basic task to do for any PC user incase anything happens

toughasnails likes this.
  2. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Whom? Sounds just like it's only you. But you forgot not all system that came with W7 can handle W10 upgrade and if you don't do your homework that isn't others fault that you didn't what is needed first. If you want a stable W10 that requires all new board that is UEFI/BIOS for W10 anything else is asking for trouble. The OP is missing alot of background knowledge to do what they are asking and worse their own line of request is convoluted and has mislabeled information to be of help.

3. KING19

KING19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How it is just me when others in this section post their own criticisms about the OS especially in the Windows 10 thread? I would bring up the many issues with Windows 10 but it's not what the OP was asking for. One thing you forgot to mention is that when upgrading to a new OS its best to do it with a clean install as you'll run into many issues otherwise, a common problem when upgrading with a older PC. If you read my post i asked the OP does his new laptop already has a SSD and if so he can transfer his data to his new Windows 10 laptop without wasting his time upgrading his old laptop to Windows 10. If the OP still wants to use his old SSD on his new laptop he would need to backup all of his data from his old laptop then wipe it and then put the SSD into his new laptop and then install a fresh copy of Windows 10.

KY_BULLET and toughasnails like this.