Can nulldc dreamcast emulator run on EEEpc atom based?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by mas5acre, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mas5acre

mas5acre Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Running emulators are not illegal i guess, A friend is thinking about actually trying out null dc. a dreamcast emulator as I hear its really good. I or he would never steal games aka roms cause both of us legally own hundreds of games alot being for dreamcast, and from what little research I've looked into you need a Broadband adapter for dreamcast to legally copy games. I guess they are extremly rare and were only available in north america at sega 's online store. Thing is, I own one (Phantasy Star Online days). My friend wants an atom based eeepc for that reason, for portable dreamcast gaming. Would this work well at 100% speed?

2. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I hear crickets...

I'm going to respond out of pity, and the answer is a definite no. The Atom is too weak to run Dreamcast or NAOMI-based emulators, and the GMA900/950 in those netbooks doesn't help out either. I can guarantee horrible emulation speed, regardless of settings/tweaks.

3. mas5acre

mas5acre Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Out of pity then, thank you for the reply!