1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Can I have a built in webcam installed on my Lenovo V100?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by megatravel, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megatravel

megatravel Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a Lenovo V100 Notebook (076327U) without a built-in webcam still under warranty. I saw this same model in this forum with a built in 1.3 megapixel web camera here: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2968&review=V100

How can I have a webcam (like built-in) be installed in my laptop V100. Should I contact Lenovo ans ask them? The buil in web cam must be Leonov OEM produc I supposed. Thank you all.

2. dimmu

dimmu Notebook Evangelist NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    You'll probably have to spend money on switching out the entire screen. I don't think you can installa built in camera after market.

3. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, you need to call Lenovo if they can do it, but you will have to pay.

JC

4. dragonesse

dragonesse Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm gonna seriously doubt it's worth the money to do this aftermarket... as mentioned above, you'll probably need a whole new screen (or at least, Lenovo will try to sell you one). Plus, the "internal" webcam is still a usb device, which means it will need to connect into the mobo, which is mostly annoying and labor intensive, which if you don't do it yourself, will cost alot.