1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

'Camera not found!' - problem

Discussion in 'Acer' started by marauder16, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marauder16

marauder16 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    This is the only problem I've got with this notebook. I've just put my own copy of windows and had no problems with any of the drivers, got them all from the acer support website, with any but one. When I install the webcam utility through the setup and I start the 'ACER Crystal Eye Webcam' application, I get this message:'Camera not found!' I go to the device manager and there it is, it says no driver has been installed for it. I try to install the driver through there but it says that it found the driver but that it's missing a part of the inf? I tried to download and install the utility again, I tried to find the driver itself somewhere else, but nothing. Did anyone have such a problem? thnx in advance for your replies.

2. kiriakost

kiriakost Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Try to redirect the driver search at this folders .

1) C:\WINDOWS\inf

2) C:\WINDOWS\system32

If all fails ... write down the name of the *.inf ,
    and use windows file search, to locate it .

Then point the installer to the proper folder . :)

3. marauder16

marauder16 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    the main problem is that acer doesn't offer a 'standard' driver, I mean, all they give you for the camera is some 'setup.exe' which can't even be extracted through winrar. other component's drivers include necessary inf files and I have integrated them in my windows installation before.
    both of those searches returned the same thing, it has found the inf, but some part is missing, it's calling it 'usb video device'.

4. kiriakost

kiriakost Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well , lets keep it simple .... Update your system with the latest DX9 August 2008 , and download the proper camera driver this time !! :)

Setting a driver , its a fool proof process , if you have the correct file, at hand.

5. marauder16

marauder16 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'll try with the DX9 but I have the correct driver, there is no way to download the wrong driver because this is the only one offered on the acer-europe support website for 6920G ;)

6. kiriakost

kiriakost Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    XP or VISTA ?

7. marauder16

marauder16 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hm, still doesn't work. and sorry, I'm using Vista x64 =)

8. www111

www111 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same problem with camera ..." camera not found"...

acer aspire 6920g
    windows xp pro x64

9. marauder16

marauder16 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Here is the support site from which I've downloaded the driver. So, after installing DX9 it still reports 'Camera not found' problem, and the device manager highlights the camera (!) reporting an error with the driver. Reinstalling the driver doesn't help, the driver found in windows folders obviously isn't enough for this camera, missing some part 'USB video device'.
    And as you can see for yourself the only 'driver' offered on that site contains only an unextractable setup.exe, no infs or any other files. Don't know what else I can try. Didn't find another driver on the net for this camera as I don't know which model is this one exactly...

10. mookill

mookill Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i have the same issue after formatting.

the camera still actually works in MSN but i cant execute the actually exe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.