C90s + GPU = Dead after 1 yr- Thanks Asus!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by vfrjim, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freelance

freelance Notebook Geek

Reputations:

There is an etiquete below the laptop that near the Serial number says 12M or 24M, i have 24M so i have 2 years......

But anyway, count me in to the list of sudden broken video cards. I think the memory modules from the card get corrupted, thus, they cant store reliably in all memory cells.

I have issued a RMA but i am a little worried as asus C90s is a barebone, and they are likely to only replace the GPU if the fault was caused by the 4 rear fans malfunctioning...But i dont know, is the 8600M GT card repair ASUS responsability or NVIDIA responsability? Or the reseller? The reseller did the mounting of the components, somebody has to be hold responsible tough, and i doubt its me or the reseller.....

2. Geared2play.com

Geared2play.com Company Representative

Reputations:
    that is the responsibility of the reseller however asus picks up the slack for less fortunate resellers who dont care to abide by their policy and the customers expectations. c90s came with a 1yr warranty not 2. you would have had to purchase a warranty ext for it to be covered

3. Buhdahl

Buhdahl Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The way the thread title was phrased I thought you were being sarcastic :p

4. Zoyx

Zoyx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I haven't been paying much attention... any good replacement graphics modules been released lately? Just planning ahead for when my 2nd GPU goes belly-up.

5. King of Interns

King of Interns Simply a laptop enthusiast

Reputations:
    You're on your second one already and looking for a third! Presently only the 9600M GT is a confirmed upgrade. I personally tried the 9650M GT and it does not work properly. Just make sure your cooling solution is excellent for the 9600M GT as the one I am currently testing hits its 110C threshold very easily and that is with a modified copper heatsink..:(

6. RangerXML

RangerXML Army of None [TRH]

Reputations:
    If anyone wants to buy a new in box C90P (never put together) for parts let me know, came with copper heat solution and 8600M GT DDR3.

7. King of Interns

King of Interns Simply a laptop enthusiast

Reputations:
    What is your asking price?

8. RangerXML

RangerXML Army of None [TRH]

Reputations:
    Asus C90P 15.4" Barebone (No CPU/RAM/HDD/OS), w/2x batteries, extra year warranty, 8600M GT 265MB DDR3 (copper piping/heatsink) and Intel Wireless Link 4965AGN (all normally extras ontop of notebook price, included). Its about 4 months old, but was only taken out of box to confirm everything was in the box (and to take some pictures in a bit). For all purposes this is new and in box. - $700 free shipping in the US

No parting out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.