Buying a Pascal Notebook

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by frozensapphire, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frozensapphire

frozensapphire Newbie

Reputations:
    1) What is your budget? 1800$ - 2200$

2) What size notebook would you prefer? 17,3" screen

3) Where will you buying this notebook? Viet Nam

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    any brands that have good build quality and durability
    5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? No

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Mostly Gaming

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? I travel alot but i can still carry about 3 - 4,5 kg

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
    Yes, many kind of games from Overwatch to other heavy games

9) How many hours of battery life do you need? 1,5 - 2 hours ? does'nt really matter cause i plug in all the time

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
    If it available for me to take a look first that would be great

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows 10 or non-os

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)

I prefer FHD with 120hz refresh rate since i have been gaming on alot of 144hz screens
    or i can go with 4k 60hz

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
    I prefer matte

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
    Yes.

15) When are you buying this laptop? Im not decide yet. If it necessary i can wait

16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
    At least 2-3 years.

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive? 1TB HDD + 512 GB or 256GB SSD (maily for the OS)

18) Do you need an optical drive? No , i dont really need this

Hello guys, recently i have been searching for a new gaming laptop to replace my old G750JM . What i have been noticed that the performance of the new pascal graphics is significantly increase from my old 860m, so i want to upgrade my gaming laptop.But im stuck with i don't know whether to choose the 1060 or try to reach to the 1070. The 1060 appear in many laptops which have slim design and lightweight but i doubt that the 1060 can keep me going for the next 2- 3 years with all those heavy games. The 1070 while offer great performance over the 1060 but unfortunately i can't find the 1070 in any slim 17,3 inch laptops. So can you guys give me some advice ? Slim or Bulky ? 1060 or 1070? Any laptop models you guys want to suggest ? I really need your opinions and appreciate it
    T4R and sorry for my bad english

2. Xileforce

Xileforce Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The clevo p670rs with 1070 is only a little over 1 inch thick which is relatively thin. If you don't care about thickness you can go for one of the msi GT laptops like MSI gt72vr or one of the big clevos with desktop CPUs. All of those should be within your budget. But if you want something relatively portable it's hard to beat the clevo p650/p670 series.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.