1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Buy or Don't Buy Opinion Please

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by edwa3980, Aug 25, 2012.

1. edwa3980

edwa3980 Notebook Enthusiast

Just looking for an opinion on whether i should jump on this deal. I need the laptop for school, browsing and some light gaming. Just need to know if this is a good buy. The only thing I'm worried about is no dedicated graphics but I don't game that much so its not a huge deal.
    Thanks for the opinions.

Toshiba Satellite 15.6" Laptop
    AMD A10
    750Gb HDD
    8Gb RAM at 1600MHz
    AMD Radeon HD 7660G

Priced at $529.99

Toshiba Satellite 15.6" Laptop featuring AMD A10-4600M Processor (S855D-00U) - Silver : 15" Laptops - Best Buy Canada

2. idiot101

idiot101 Down and Broken

This is a very good deal. You are getting a good IGP for such a low price. You can play a few games on it on low settings. If your budget was around this price, then go for it. But I would also like you to have a hands-on if possible to check the screen and the build.

AMD Radeon HD 7660G - Notebookcheck.net Tech

3. edwa3980

Ya it's just an offer from best buy so they should have it in stock. The site is saying up to 5 hours of battery life. What do you think I'm really looking at?

4. idiot101

idiot101 Down and Broken

4 hours and a bit more if you judicious with your usage. I would simply chop 20% off of what ever run-times are mentioned. Most manufacturers quote time tested in "standard conditions".

5. edwa3980

Ya I was thinking something like that. Well I'm not sure I can pass up this deal because I need a new laptop and all the pieces seem to fit.