1. Due to platform maintenance, the forum will be inaccessible for about 30 minutes beginning about 1:30 p.m. Sorry for any inconvenience! We'll remove this notice when work is complete.

Buy or Don't Buy Opinion Please

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by edwa3980, Aug 25, 2012.

1. edwa3980

edwa3980 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just looking for an opinion on whether i should jump on this deal. I need the laptop for school, browsing and some light gaming. Just need to know if this is a good buy. The only thing I'm worried about is no dedicated graphics but I don't game that much so its not a huge deal.
    Thanks for the opinions.

Toshiba Satellite 15.6" Laptop
    AMD A10
    750Gb HDD
    8Gb RAM at 1600MHz
    AMD Radeon HD 7660G

Priced at $529.99

Toshiba Satellite 15.6" Laptop featuring AMD A10-4600M Processor (S855D-00U) - Silver : 15" Laptops - Best Buy Canada

2. idiot101

idiot101 Down and Broken

Reputations:
    This is a very good deal. You are getting a good IGP for such a low price. You can play a few games on it on low settings. If your budget was around this price, then go for it. But I would also like you to have a hands-on if possible to check the screen and the build.

AMD Radeon HD 7660G - Notebookcheck.net Tech

3. edwa3980

Reputations:
    Ya it's just an offer from best buy so they should have it in stock. The site is saying up to 5 hours of battery life. What do you think I'm really looking at?

4. idiot101

idiot101 Down and Broken

Reputations:
    4 hours and a bit more if you judicious with your usage. I would simply chop 20% off of what ever run-times are mentioned. Most manufacturers quote time tested in "standard conditions".

5. edwa3980

Reputations:
    Ya I was thinking something like that. Well I'm not sure I can pass up this deal because I need a new laptop and all the pieces seem to fit.