Buy..MSI GT75VR 7RF Titan Pro or ASUS ROG G703VI..?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by icic2017, Nov 6, 2017.

?

which one is worth?

1. MSI GT75VR 7RF Titan Pro

87.5%
  2. ASUS ROG G703VI

12.5%
  1. icic2017

icic2017 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  2. spurst

spurst Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I like my GT75VR. Never owned the Asus model, so I can't really compare...

3. hanswalter

hanswalter Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello i got mine. Before i own a MSI GT73VR which i could sell for a good Price. I also had to make the decision to go for the MSI GT75VR 7RF OR ASUS ROG Chimera G703VI. I choose the ASUS ROG Chimera G703VI. The Price for the MSI is much higher than for the ASUS but the Specs are nearly the same.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    yeah good luck with that. Let us know when your ASUS laptop breaks or starts having random freezes and overheating issues ;)

5. icic2017

icic2017 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Phoenix.. What do you mean about that..? Do mean the MSI GT75 better than Asus G703 ? Please be free do write your opinion.. Thanks.

6. tyrandrew

tyrandrew Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi @icic2017 , I currently own an ASUS G750JH and can tell you it's been a pretty bad experience. My "ASD" keys have been broken and even after sending it for repairs, they broke down within 2 months. The laptop has been making weird noises recently, probably because I've owned it for ~3 years but the fact that it's so difficult to even open the laptop and clean the internals is a huge pain point.

I recently placed an order with HIDEvolution for the MSI GT75VR which I'm excited to be receiving. It has easy access to the internals which would be great for maintenance. I've also heard alot of MSI's build quality and when I receive it, I'm happy to share my experience with you.

Overall, ASUS has lost my trust with it's build quality and I'm moving on to MSI to give it a shot.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    yes. i've owned more than 5 ASUS ROG laptops in the past until I got fed up and swore I'd never buy one. The specs are great, especially for the price, but that's what you get, low quality crap that rarely works 100%, from random freezes, to overheating issues, to motherboards dying after 1 week of use, to fuzzy green lines appearing on the screen, add to the fact that it's super hard to open the laptop and any upgrade or change would void your warranty, at least here in Dubai. If you want ANY laptop that works, make sure it doesn't have the words ASUS on it.

That's my personal experiences, Others may have had better luck but I will stay away.

Be smart...be like Phoenix... [​IMG]

icic2017 and tyrandrew like this.
  8. spurst

spurst Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Before my MSI GT80, I owned an Asus ROG G750JZ (880m) and that laptop was rock solid for me. No issues at all and I used it as a primary game machine. That being said, the build quality on the GT80 was outstanding, and the build quality on my new GT75VR is also great and both exceed the build quality of the Asus ROG's. I love the mechanical keyboard, and will likely never go back to a standard laptop keyboard.

9. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    msi gt75vr