But Can It Run Crysis?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Mr. Fox, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think this may be a matter of taste because I actually think the remaster looks better, but not by a huge amount. It feels like a 2-3 year jump forward in graphics.

The lighting looks more natural and the texture resolution has been increased.

I'd still get it for the right price.

unlogic and Kunal Shrivastava like this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    so many textures went from 720p to 4k-8k.....its a pretty big jump in every aspect but like we see with most games it takes more than that to make it truely feel like an upgrade...I talked about forza horizon 5 because they changed enough stuff to have some enviroments look photo realistic like litterally not an opinion

3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    crysis 3 on the other hand looks identical lol....nice job crytek

Clamibot likes this.
  4. NeXt3R

NeXt3R Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ,,.it works at least better ?
    crysis 3 was unplayable on my laptop "random fps drops" for static scene ?? ,,without reason

but i think that remaster is a more problematic build ??

edit

5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    13 percent faster according to digital foundry....visually its identical

Clamibot likes this.
  6. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    Story and gameplay diversity wise I'd say Crysis 1 was better. However, from a setting, gameplay pacing, weapon feel and gameplay satisfaction standpoint Crysis 2 was better. It played like an action movie with a more memorable albeit linear story imo.

unlogic and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'd agree there, I do recall overall liking 2 better. I still never finished 3 after starting it. Not that I didn't like it, I think I got distracted by a different game and never went back to it.

seanwee and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    The linear gameplay is one of the reasons I like the Crysis franchise. I do not enjoy playing open world games where you have to find secrets, look for clues, interact with the AI to obtain information, and craft special crap from stuff you collect. I just want weapons, ammo and a linear storyline with lots of shooting and fighting as you claw your way toward the end of the game in a non-stop fit of rage. If playing requires too much attention to detail, strategy and patience, I quickly lose interest and stop playing.

Crysis 3 is actually my favorite of the series. I love using the bow for steal kills.

Clamibot likes this.
  9. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I love action games as well. Mindless shooting and blowing everything up is the best!:D

I also love open world games, but not if they contain puzzles. I love exploring game worlds, but I hate puzzles because they're tedious.

Exploring the environment to find extra secrets is fun, but having to explore the environment to find hidden crap to progress in the game without the game directing you in some way is not. I want to be directed to my objectives because I can never find stuff to save my life. I only come across secrets by chance because of how much time I spend exploring and taking in the views.:p

But yeah, games that play like action movies are the best. A good story makes it even better, but action and gameplay mechanics come first. Crysis in my opinion has both.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. Kunal Shrivastava

Kunal Shrivastava Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is correct.

They have colour mapped the remastered trilogy using a different colour palette which is significantly warmer and more saturated to suit the reworked lighting. SVOGI has been extensively used with physically based materials in Crysis 1 and 2 remastered, While less of a remastering effort has gone into 3. According to Digital Foundry the Global Illumination bounce lighting would've interfered with dynamic light placement in Crysis 3's maps that its post processing and shaders seems to heavily rely upon. And since they emitted this RTGI altogether here,physically based materials wouldve looked worse. (Hence the smaller install size !)

With the latest Nvidia driver update though we can do a bit of post processing of our own to get an even better look than the originals ;)

This will completely transform the look of all 3 games, but incurs a ~15% performance penalty. You can dial back objects,vegetation and shadows down a notch to get the performance back.This doesnt affect the look of the game in any way, just reduces the draw distance by a bit which is still considerable at the medium preset.

Ray tracing can be set to performance for an easy FPS boost and a barely noticable visual change on some reflective surfaces (Your Nanosuit is reflected on high and above, costs an extra 10 fps for me on RTX 3070).

Very high water quality is also not necessary since the planar reflections on the lower settings are convincing enough, you lose about 10% with very high water reflections since they appear to be native res screen space reflections.

Keep Shading and Post Processing at max, they are important to the look of the game !

You may need to play around a bit with the settings (especially exposure and contrast) depending on your monitor !

Also higher resolution monitors will get a much better image quality by increasing sharpening (upto 25% at 4k,provided you are using any form of TAA/DLSS)

Try these presets:

(Alt+F3 ingame, Nvidia Overlay should be enabled in Geforce Experience)

CRYSIS 1/3 REMASTERED

Sharpen+.

Intensity: 13%
    Texture Details: 0%
    Invert Depth Z axis: No

Brightness/Contrast.

Exposure: 23%
    Contrast: 15%
    Highlights: 32%
    Shadows: 15%
    Gamma: 0%

Colour.

Tint Colour: 20%
    Tint Intensity: 22%
    Temperature: 0%
    Vibrance: 16

Details.

Sharpen: 0%
    Clarity: 33%
    HDR Toning: 33%
    Bloom: 9%

Black & White.

Intensity: 14%

CRYSIS 2 REMASTERED

Sharpen+.

Intensity: 13%
    Texture Details: 0%
    Invert Depth Z axis: No

Brightness/Contrast.

Exposure: 0%
    Contrast: 15%
    Highlights: 32%
    Shadows: -10%
    Gamma: 0%

Colour.

Tint Colour: 20%
    Tint Intensity: 15%
    Temperature: 0%
    Vibrance: 16

Details.

Sharpen: 0%
    Clarity: 33%
    HDR Toning: 15%
    Bloom: 9%

YOU NEED TO DISABLE HDR AND RESET ANY CONTROL PANEL COLOUR CALIBERATION SETTINGS.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021