But Can It Run Crysis?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Mr. Fox, Apr 18, 2020.

1. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Apparently this will also get released on Nintendo Switch and PS4 at the same time. Fingers crossed they don’t goof it up bro!

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    The fact that they're planning to do that suggests there will likely be some compromises that we'd be better off without.

JRE84, TBoneSan and TR2N like this.
  3. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The very first time I played it, I had to finish it with a mix of minimum and mediumt settings, at 1280x800 resolution. It took me several gens/laptops to finally play it at max 60fps ahahaha.

I am sure consoles will do whatever they can, and in the case of switch, it might be the lowest settings at 720p. I look forward to replay Crysis :) it's my fave out of all the games they made. I hope the physics shenanigans are intact, loved taking out buildings to crush enemies.

DreDre, JRE84, TBoneSan and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    The fact that it's releasing on the Nintendo Switch at all, which is built around an Nvidia Tegra X1, should kill all hype of this being a new graphical benchmark.

This will be an up-rezzed Crysis with a few graphical flourishes added, nothing special.

Prove me wrong Crytek.

JRE84 likes this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    It will still be a welcomed reboot if it looks nicer. I love the original just like it is, so that will be icing on the cake if it turns out nice. Hopefully, they won't add anything stupid to it and just focus on making it look nicer without altering any existing aspects. But, in the back of my mind it is a concern that they actually have it on the agenda to make it playable on a piece of crap handheld toy.

6. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just having it run without issues on modern hardware and perhaps be properly multi-threaded would be a win. Perhaps with some new higher resolution textures. Removing some of the CPU bottlenecks so modern hardware can go crazy with it would be a win.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  7. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    lol.. that handheld toy has some excellent games. It's actually a good thing Nintendo has been opening up to M rated games IMO.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yeah, I don't have a problem with that per se, as long as they do not dumb it down for PC gamers to accommodate it. Maybe a separate toned down version for weak hardware.

I'd really like the PC version to be unusually demanding and stressful, and have minimum system requirements to be no less than current generation GPU, like maybe a minimum of RTX 2060 or equivalent, and no less than say an 8700K CPU or equivalent, in order for it to hold 60 FPS at 1080P with maximum settings. Would also be nice if it needed at least 16GB of DDR4 and 6GB of GDDR6. If they make it as tough for 2020 hardware to run as it was for 2007 hardware, it will be just about perfect. Then maybe they'll get another 13 to 15 years out of the reboot.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    hfm and JRE84 like this.
  9. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Maybe if they just add RT without DLSS 2.0 they can bring everything to it's knees.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ahem.....witcher for switch///crysis remaster will be epic. I doubt you will be able to max it at 1080p with a 2080ti crytek isn't dumb