But Can It Run Crysis?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Mr. Fox, Apr 18, 2020.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    does anyone else notice the diff from day 1 to now....lighting has been improved massively

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yes, I have noticed as well. Especially in dark/night areas. It seems more lifelike and less cartoonish to my eyes.

JRE84 likes this.
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i am under the impression this is the best looking game for iq on all low.....correct me if im wrong but far cry 5 was similar both used to use cry engine and now developed by diff companies its funny how the main ideologies stayed the same as far as graphics are concerned

Clamibot likes this.
  4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i dont see much diff between all on ultra vs all low...anyone else?

5. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nope.:D

The game already looks really good on low settings, dare I say slightly better than the original on the highest settings. It also performs way better too. The only difference I notice between all low and all ultra is that all ultra lags really badly. Crysis Remastered on all low looks like all ultra in any other game.

Raising the settings above low only seems to artifically stress your hardware without increasing the visual fidelity by a noticeable amount, with the exception of view distance. The "Can It Run Crysis?" settings only serve as a showcase for how unoptimized the game can be. As a programmer, this disgusts me.

Don't get me wrong. I love Crysis, and I'm really glad Crytek did this remaster since it improved performance by a LOT over the original. I just think the higher graphics settings are unnecessary since they don't add anything. They don't make the game look better, and they make it lag. The only one that makes a difference is view distance.

In short, all low is Lag Off while all ultra is Lag On.:biglaugh:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021 at 10:17 PM
    hfm and JRE84 like this.
  6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    lol yeah thats perfect dude...completely agree

7. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    like i agree low looks better than breakpoint and cyberpunk 2077 but why not boost it further to make it a true successor

Clamibot likes this.