But Can It Run Crysis?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Mr. Fox, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    ratchetnclank likes this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    anyone know when the next patch will be released curious if they will improve it further.

also i find this game well optimsed now im getting 40fps maxed with performance raytracing

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  3. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's good to see the performance issues have been fixed. It'll be awesome if Crytek can improve performance further with aggressive LODs.

I'm waiting for the game to come to Steam to play it. In hindsight, that turned out to be a good approach since it seems all issues with the game will be resolved by the time the Epic Store exclusivity ends. I wouldn't pay full price for a game anyway since I can get a better, cheaper product a year or two later with the way game releases have been handled recently.

JRE84 likes this.
  4. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, unless you're highly anticipating a specific game or it has a multiplayer component where you'll miss out on playing with your group that is hyped for a time window I don't see the draw for jumping on SP experiences right away. Just wait it out for a year or two and you can just get it for free on EGS or GamePass. I have to admit that would completely tank the game industry with the money it costs to make a truly AAA game these days.

Clamibot, JRE84 and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Not to mention the potential for "Ultimate Editions" that would include any/all DLC like when Control was available for $20 not long after its Steam release.

ars92, Clamibot, JRE84 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That has always been my approach. With rare exceptions, I don't buy games until the price drops to $25 or less. And, I won't even pay $25 for it unless it is a compelling title in a franchise that I am already fond of. I have had too many disappointments to roll the dice on something new and expensive that has cool trailers on YouTube, but deliver a lackluster experience. Probably 75% of what I own has been played for less than an hour before I lost interest in it. I am so glad I didn't pay the full price at release for those games.

I'd probably have a slightly different view but for the fact that I have no interest in online multi-player gaming. I won't buy any title that lacks an offline single-player campaign. I think that your observation is accurate. If all gamers followed my example it would be very destructive to the industry. Fortunately for the industry, the frenzied mob that rushes to be one of the first to buy, at full price, so they can play with friends is closer to the norm.

Yup, there's that as well. For me, waiting is always smart. As a solo gamer, it is nearly impossible to justify paying release prices for 99.9% of what I end up purchasing. Control is a great example of that.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    hfm, Clamibot, Papusan and 1 other person like this.
  7. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    lol...erm me too :p sarcasm im like the opposite buy full price and sometimes at a discount for meh games.

well lately...but in the past id wait...go figure my iq goes down...memory shot and i start buying games full price go figure lol....says something

8. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    There's another reason why I'm more of a fan of the Game Pass model because I can play something at my leisure and if I don't like it, no harm, no foul. Control is a perfect example of that. The Xbox One version is available via Game Pass and after about the third mission or so, I stopped playing because I got bored. Had I got it on Steam, I would have missed the refund window, but with the subscription model I can simply go back to playing the back catalog of 360 titles I missed out on since I gave up on the platform after going through 4 RMAs for the Red Ring of Death. With EA bringing its titles to the service, Game Pass is an even more compelling value.

Mr. Fox and JRE84 like this.
  9. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah gamepass is pretty impressive....i heard halo infinite will be on it day 1....alot of great games but you have have to deal with the buggy windows store platform

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    The subscription model is good (and your example shows that), until it goes the way of video streaming, dividing content between countless distributors...

ars92, JRE84 and Mr. Fox like this.