But Can It Run Crysis?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Mr. Fox, Apr 18, 2020.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah I'm not going to wait a year for this just because I have too many launchers and hate EGS

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    When Epic started pulling their nonsense of taking Kickstarter games that were supposed to be on Steam, I deleted my EGS account (losing the free copy of Metro Exodus from my RTX 2070 purchase). I also got refunded for my second Shenmue 3 Kickstarter pledge and moved my primary one to PS4. My desire to see Crysis Remastered does not override that of needing to create a new EGS account to play it. So no, not everyone who has stood in opposition to them has compromised their beliefs.

3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Shrug. I don't run any of them unless I'm playing a game and then I shut them back down afterward (yes.. Steam too). To be clear, you don't even need to have EGS running to play the game, you can just launch the executable directly. I did this with Control since my launcher didn't have support for EGS games directly at the time, only like 3 hours of my playtime ended up getting recorded through EGS since my launcher was just scanning for executables in the EGS library folder.

It's not like Steam where it starts up because the API integration within the game forces it to.

JRE84 likes this.
  4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah crysis is currently my favorite and most played game it's not a hard descision

5. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What I'm really hoping is that this remaster turns into a reboot of the crysis franchise, writing off crysis 2 and crysis 3and then starting anew

6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    haha I'm so excited and no I cannot run crysis.

Very very demanding game, back as the king of graphics!! he hints of crysis 4 by accident. and this video shows in game almost maxed out on PC

Funny thing is its lagging and they are probably using a 2080ti, and this makes me happy, thoughts?

7. Tyranus07

Tyranus07 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Besides the ray tracing, and the blurred image the game looks pretty similar to me. At least now is fully compatible with Windows 10

8. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ?

blurry?

the same? everything\ all assets even ray tracing is in 8k this has never been done before

9. Tyranus07

Tyranus07 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah that's why I said "it looks the same to me". I don't own an 8k monitor. In fact my laptop's screen is 1080p, so I can't enjoy those ultra hi-res assets. I see the image blurry, maybe the dude is playing with a lot of AA or too much motion blur. Or maybe he's using FXAA + TXAA like new games

JRE84 likes this.
  10. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    their is alot of fuss about this game as it stands, and it is going to be king in one day but im worried about performance 1660ti recommended and 1050ti min...their 2080ti can't even max it out at 1080p