But Can It Run Crysis?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Mr. Fox, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Crytek announces Crysis Remastered | Crytek

Thursday, April 16, 2020 — The classic first person shooter is back with the action-packed gameplay, sandbox world, and thrilling epic battles players loved the first time around – with remastered graphics and optimizations for a new generation of hardware co-developed on CRYENGINE with Saber Interactive. Starting this summer, Crysis Remastered will be available for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and for Nintendo Switch.

Crysis Remastered will focus on the original game’s single-player campaigns and is slated to contain high-quality textures and improved art assets, an HD texture pack, temporal anti-aliasing, SSDO, SVOGI, state-of-the-art depth fields, new light settings, motion blur, and parallax occlusion mapping, particle effects will also be added where applicable. Further additions such as volumetric fog and shafts of light, software-based ray tracing, and screen space reflections provide the game with a major visual upgrade.

“We are excited to be working on the Crysis franchise again, and to bring all the Crysis fans a remaster worthy of their passion for the game,” said Crytek CEO Avni Yerli. “It’s an exciting opportunity to be able to bring Crysis back to PCs and current consoles – even Nintendo Switch! – so that a whole new generation of players can experience the thrill of a battle in the Nanosuit.”

In Crysis 1, what begins as a simple rescue mission becomes the battleground of a new war as alien invaders swarm over a North Korean island chain. Armed with a powerful Nanosuit, players can become invisible to stalk enemy patrols, or boost strength to lay waste to vehicles. The Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight, while a huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style. In the ever-changing environment, adapt tactics and gear to dominate your enemies, in an enormous sandbox world.

Crysis Remastered announced, reviving one of the best PC games of all time | TechRadar

But can it run Crysis Remastered? | Guru3D

I very seldom get super-excited about games, but there are rare exceptions. Crysis is my favorite game franchise, and the original that started it all is the title I have enjoyed playing more than any other. I love what they did with Quake2, (also among my all-time favorites,) so this should be awesome.

This was originally rumored sometime back around May of last year, but it's official now.

Crysis_RTX.png Crysis_RTX_2.jpg

TR2N, Starlight5, ThatOldGuy and 11 others like this.
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    RDR2: look at me, I'm the captain now.
    Crysis Remastered: hold my beer.

Starlight5, Ashtrix and Mr. Fox like this.
  3. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm interested to see what they are going to do with it. I need to go back and play it again.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  4. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    I can't wait, I love the crysis series.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I'm looking forward to this. I remember buying an 8800GTX 768MB to run the first one maxed out in 2007!

Charles

6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I really like it when games are released that are so graphically demanding that hardware upgrades are required to get the best from them. Titles like that are literally game changers (pun intended). They are a gift that keeps on giving, like a benchmark that runs for hours and never gets boring.

It would be extra awesome to have this as a harbinger of a Crysis 4 release later in the year.

7. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    Might actually need an AC for when this comes out.

8. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    crysis 1 is a game I always install first, and am currently playing assault. this is unreal...I was thinking and hoping crytek would do this then bam news hits the world...great news that has me excited and glad I can use an egpu with a 2080ti to run it on low lol...

Ashtrix and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. TR2N

TR2N Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    OMG...
    Its back...
    We are saved from Covid-19.
    :vbbiggrin:

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Crysis 1, I remember playing on a 8400 GS low settings, 15-30 fps and beat it LOL

Now I can't wait to play 4K maxed out

Ashtrix and Mr. Fox like this.