Burnout Paradise - FIX THOSE CRASHES!

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by freaksincostumes, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freaksincostumes

freaksincostumes Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    VISIT THE STEAM THREAD!

IF YOU HAVE A WEBCAM
    1) Open up your start menu!
    2) Type 'Device Manager' and click enter.
    3) Click the 'Imaging Devices' tab.
    4) Right click on anything related to the webcam you have in your computer. (Mine was labelled 'Integrated Webcam')
    5) Close 'Device Manager' and open up the 'Configuration' tool from within Steam.
    6) In the 'Webcam' tab it should say 'None' and no other option should be given in the drop down menu!
    NOTES; This will require the removal of 'Dxtory' and/or 'XSplit' if you have it installed as it appears as a webcam!

YOU HAVE A MULTI-CORE CPU
    1) If you have a webcam, follow the above first.
    2) Inside of the Steam 'Library' window, right click 'Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box' and then left click 'Properties'
    3) Look for 'Set Launch Options...' in the window that has just appeared and left click it.
    4) In this box, you should type -multithread
    5) Left click 'OK.'

IF YOU'RE RUNNING VISTA OR WINDOWS 7 OR WINDOWS 8
    1) Open up your start menu
    2) Click 'My Computer'
    3) Open up the drive which contains the 'Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box' game. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\burnout(tm) paradise the ultimate box' Is the usual 64bit location, for 32bit just remove the '(x86)'
    4) Right click on 'BurnoutParadise.exe'
    5) Select 'Properties' from this list.
    6) Open up the 'Compatibility' tab.
    7) Select 'Windows XP Service Pack 3'
    8) Click 'Apply' or 'OK' and ENJOY BURNOUT

STILL HAVING PROBLEMS?! / I Hate Intro Videos / I Hate Guns N' Roses
    1) Download this BPAdvCFG Tool!
    2) When its downloaded, extract and run it.
    3) Click the 'No Intro' tick-box so that it is TICKED.
    4) Click the 'Menu Music' tick-box so that it is UN-TICKED.
    5) Click the 'Set Config.ini' button.
    6) Exit the program and ENJOY BURNOUT SOME MORE!​

I literally take no credit for this guide other than compiling the three different fixes into one easy to find thread!​

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  2. assaultsuit

assaultsuit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have windows 7 64 and the only thing I did was disable the webcam from the game configuration tools. And I did that after reading all the things about it, just because of that. I don't have any trouble with the game and didn't touch anything. Maybe I should enable the webcam and see how it goes...

3. Fat Dragon

Fat Dragon Just this guy, you know?

Reputations:
    I've played it on Win 7 x64 and the only problem I've had is that the audio gets switched from my external system to the laptop speakers when it logs in to the server...

4. naticus

naticus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I played it for a bit, found it rather meh, but never had a single problem -- Win7 64bit.

5. assaultsuit

Reputations:
    I love the soundtrack (except avril lavigne, has NOTHING to do with the game!). Only played 30 minutes and love the game. Reminds me of old (and good) NFS games

6. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I have experienced the webcam thing, so dumb I had to uninstall some programs I used to get around it.

They should fix that. Other than that I love this game and so does the kids. It really gives you the feel of speed and the world is big and fun to explore and drive in.

I wish they would make a sequel to this game done exactly the same just with new cars/graphics and maybe an even bigger world. (but the graphics are quite good on this game given its age)

Also it has wonderful force feedback with a wheel and some of the best multi-monitor support of any game I ever have played.

7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I'm assuming under "If you have a webcam" number 4 seems to be missing something:

4) Right click on anything related to the webcam you have in your computer. (Mine was labelled 'Integrated Webcam')

Right click and disable? I'm assuming?

8. assaultsuit

Reputations:
    But... The game has its configurations tools, and it allows to disable the webcam feature... or maybe it's a new patched feature (the configuration thing) they added later...

9. shipo007

shipo007 Newbie

Reputations:
    hey man i'm new here..so hi how you all doin...but anyways yeh i downloaded the game like 4 times before and i had to uninstall it cause it kept crashing..i just noticed one thing the problem actually starts after you take a snap of your face with a cam for your license on the game which i think was a pretty cool feature but after i did the game started crashing..and yeh i am a windows 8 user...but i don't run the game through steam..so does anyone know how to fix this without going through the steam folder and .

10. Vashta_Nerada

Vashta_Nerada Newbie

Reputations:
    My game seems to run just fine when i start it up and try to start a new game. but as soon as it takes me to the first junkyard and tries to get me my first car the game crashes to windows. I also have the game on origin (i know origin sucks but i got it with a humble bundle for it). i am using a multicore cpu but dont know how to add the multithread launch option on origin. if anyone could help that owuld be amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.