BSOD Windows XP CF30

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Michael McBride, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Michael McBride

Michael McBride Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes I am in the US and those are the drivers I have tried with no luck of any change. Also, this system does not have a valid xp coa it has a vista coa. As I also posted I do need it to be tablet edition. The powertoys I have used in the past will only install in tablet edition. If I test xp restore disc it is to only see that it will install on my system not actually to keep and use. Thank you

2. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
  3. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    You may have to flash the BIOS... I can't remember which BIOS Ver. goes with which OS but it is around here somewhere. If your COA was for Vista... Your BIOS is not set up to run XP. I remember this from all the CF-30s that needed a BIOS flash to go from XP to W7... Search for that thread. The same is the reverse.

It's worth a shot.

4. Michael McBride

Reputations:
    Possible but I rather not go that far if I have to. Thanks for the tip though. Shawn I am going to try your idea out and see what happens. Thank you

With all the custom slipstreamed xp discs I have laying around you would think one would work. My dad has a dell mini with ssd and everything works fine on his. I have noticed when I do F6 during setup it says that the AHCI drivers are older on the slipstreamed xp. So I do try the updated ones but with no luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2017
  5. Michael McBride

Reputations:
    Shawn that did the trick. The hard drive is no longer in SATA AHCI mode but now in Compatibly mode. Thank you

safn1949 and SHEEPMAN! like this.
  6. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations: