1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Broken laptop: part it out or sell it whole?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by thesuper, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesuper

thesuper Newbie

Reputations:
    Anybody have any ideas how much money I could make parting out a laptop? I've got a broken Toshiba M35 (GPU stopped working) and I'd like to know how to make the most money out of selling it. I've seen a lot of websites offering money for broken laptops (laptopservice.com, etc.). One site said they would only give me $150 for it and I'm waiting to hear back from others.

2. asifjan1

asifjan1 Newbie

Reputations:
    i think no body will pay u more then 150$$

3. asifjan1

asifjan1 Newbie

Reputations:
  4. brianstretch

brianstretch Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I've seen people get good prices for broken notebooks on eBay. $150 for a M35 is very generous though, unless it's loaded with lots of RAM or something.