Broke "A" key retainer clip

Discussion in 'Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio' started by GloStiX, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GloStiX

GloStiX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I broke 1 plastic retainer clip that holds the A key down. It's a fairly common letter so it gets quite annoying.

The retainer clip itself is made of 2 tiny pieces of plastic, I don't want to buy a new keyboard just for 1 piece. Breaking a key has to be fairly common too, so is there any source I might be able to get 1 replacement retainer clip from?

Thanks.

P.S. Warranty expired, don't want to remap keys.

2. mgh_a1

mgh_a1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You can search for used parts online. I forget the exact name, but there was an article about it in PC world about a month ago. Poke around, and you might be able to find a replacement keyboard on the cheap. I doubt that you may find something as specific as retainer clips.

3. Gigiya

Gigiya Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ebay is good for single key replacements. I've personally bought two Dell e1705 key replacements from this seller.

4. GloStiX

GloStiX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for the help guys, I just ended up switching the broken clip for the right-click button.

5. mgh_a1

mgh_a1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's ghetto fabulous!