1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Broke "A" key retainer clip

Discussion in 'Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio' started by GloStiX, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GloStiX

GloStiX Notebook Evangelist

I broke 1 plastic retainer clip that holds the A key down. It's a fairly common letter so it gets quite annoying.

The retainer clip itself is made of 2 tiny pieces of plastic, I don't want to buy a new keyboard just for 1 piece. Breaking a key has to be fairly common too, so is there any source I might be able to get 1 replacement retainer clip from?

Thanks.

P.S. Warranty expired, don't want to remap keys.

2. mgh_a1

mgh_a1 Notebook Evangelist

You can search for used parts online. I forget the exact name, but there was an article about it in PC world about a month ago. Poke around, and you might be able to find a replacement keyboard on the cheap. I doubt that you may find something as specific as retainer clips.

3. Gigiya

Gigiya Notebook Guru

Ebay is good for single key replacements. I've personally bought two Dell e1705 key replacements from this seller.

4. GloStiX

GloStiX Notebook Evangelist

Thanks for the help guys, I just ended up switching the broken clip for the right-click button.

5. mgh_a1

mgh_a1 Notebook Evangelist

That's ghetto fabulous!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.