Brand New GE - Raider with Battery Issue ???

Discussion in 'MSI' started by ReeseATPH, Jul 19, 2017.

1. ryzeki

ryzeki Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Not sure why, but a lot of new machines seem to keep some devices alive or something because battery drains when powered off, at a very slow rate. I could go away for a week and return, and my laptop lost 10% charge or something.

This happens to me with my Surface Pro 2, my Lenovo P51 and my MSI GT73. It is normal.

Also, the laptop should not charge back up until it drops below 90%, so it is normal to find a message that says (Connected but not charging).

2. ryzeki

ryzeki Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    I just remembered... there was a situation with the GS series a while back, where a 10% of the battery itself was being reserved for a special function. Maybe this is also happening here. I will try to dig info up about it. The gist of it was that the system itself was "separating" 10% of the battery to use up for something. Users also reported having lower full charge capacity showing less % than it should, though their battery did full cycles of 0-100% of life.

3. ATCSMike

ATCSMike Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hmm...I never noticed it on my GT60. I did have to replace the original battery because it wouldn't hold a charge any longer. Replaced it and now the replacement is acting up. Will not let the computer start on battery. Can only run on battery if I start plugged in and then unplug. But this doesn't work all of the time.

If the drain is normal for the GE63 then I will not worry about it. It still charges up to 100%.

4. Everson Santos Araujo

Everson Santos Araujo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Received my unit, I can't see any screen problem so far.

Thanks gentechpc :cool:

5. Mark Hunter

Mark Hunter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Everson Santos Araujo Hey do you mind showing around your laptop , as in screen accuracy, temps under stress ? I'd really appreciate that. :)

6. Everson Santos Araujo

Everson Santos Araujo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  7. Mark Hunter

Mark Hunter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations: