Bought Gigabyte Aero 15x9 thinking of returning for a Razer or MSI

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by AJarOfDirt, May 29, 2019.

1. AJarOfDirt

AJarOfDirt Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought a Aero 15 x9 a few weeks ago and the last date to return is coming up soon (June 6) I haven't been able to get CPU temps down with software still hits 90C while gaming (Destiny 2 and Splitgate) even with a -.165v or -0.170v undervolt. Im guessing its a CPU thing, I need a similar setup as I do a lot of 3d modeling and some light gaming and would like this to last a few years before I hunker down with a desktop (Im too mobile atm) Suggestions? CPU seems locked, I cannot adjust the clock settings, only the voltage/power settings. I don't want to repaste incase of return. I can settle for a slightly lower GPU if there is something cooler out there with similar battery life. Help please. GPU temps seem fine, barely hit 85C if ever. But CPU throttles like crazy during games I wouldn't consider that intensive.

2. dblkk

dblkk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What'd you decide to do?

3. vahdyx

vahdyx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am not as knowledgeable as you for tweaking but I have owned both Razer (still do) and MSI laptops.

There's pros and cons for both and IMO Razer is better overall for my needs but MSI isn't bad. Just felt cheap which for me wasn't worth it. Both GS65 and GS75 bothered me in this regard. It's stupid for sure but I guess I like how things feel lol in addition to how it performs.

I'm currently rocking the Razer Blade Pro 2019, let me know if you wanna know anything.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

4. dumpsterj

dumpsterj Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Why are people expecting this to have sub 90C degree temps ? You know Dell ramps their G7 up to 100C for similar specs in a slightly bigger chassis . It hits it two. I had one for a couple days before I returned it for have a batch of bad pixels and a generally ugly screen.

B0B likes this.