1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Both touchpad buttons right-click

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by nu_D, Sep 12, 2011.

1. nu_D

nu_D Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    For some reason, both the left and right buttons on my brother's Toshiba Satellite u400 right click. I just did a complete format, and it's still the same. Could it be a hardware issue? I've never seen such a thing. I doubt it's software, because I doubt there's even an option to enable both of them to be right-clicks at the same time?

2. tilleroftheearth

tilleroftheearth Wisdom listens quietly...

Reputations:
    Could be software... is the right driver installed? Check to see that all is aligned in those options.

If hardware related, is a piece of dirt/crumbs pressing both buttons down no matter which button is pressed? Try some compressed air to see if it dislodges quickly?

If the contacts are simply worn out... time for a replacement touchpad assembly.

3. nu_D

nu_D Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I took it to a tech... hopefully he can fix it. Even he said it's very strange...lol.