Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hmscott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Heads up for new FREE Borderlands 2 DLC "Commander Lilith & The Fight For Sanctuary" that acts as a story bridge between BL2 and Borderlands 3, and this DLC dropped recently (E3) and is available right now on Steam for FREE (requires BL2) until July 8th...

Borderlands 2 DLC that ties into Borderlands 3 leaked via Steam
    Commander Lilith & The Fight For Sanctuary will apparently be free
    By Michael McWhertor@MikeMcWhertor Jun 5, 2019, 8:25pm EDT
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/5/18654630/borderlands-2-commander-lilith-free-dlc-borderlands-3

Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary Official Trailer
    Borderlands
    Published on Jun 9, 2019
    Return to the award-winning shooter-looter Borderlands 2 for an all-new adventure that sets the stage for the upcoming Borderlands 3. Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary is available now on Xbox One, PS4, and PC, and is free for owners of Borderlands 2 or Borderlands: The Handsome Collection until July 8.

Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary DLC Review
    IGN
    Published on Jun 9, 2019
    Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary DLC reviewed by Seth G. Macy on PC. Also available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Screw EGS for taking exclusive on BL3, maybe available on MGS, maybe Steam soon enough, but until then here's 30 minutes of new BL3 game play:

Borderlands 3 | 30 minutes of NEW gameplay
    PCGamesN
    Published on Jun 12, 2019
    Borderlands 3 gameplay is looking spectacular. In this video you’ll see Griff’s hands-on footage captured from the latest build of the game. He experiments with two Borderlands 3 characters, picks up some of the best Borderlands weapons, and plays around with some Borderlands 3 classes too. There’s so much loot, but still, we we could always have more. Where’s a Shift code when you need one? 14:45 for Moze gameplay

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Felix_Argyle likes this.
  2. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I noticed BL2 updated, I wonder if thats what it was? Gonna have to take a peek next time I'm on Steam.

hmscott likes this.
  3. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    There was a approx 3GB update on Sunday that included the new DLC above (Lillith and the fight for sanctuary). It was a very nice freebie and well worth playing through. Plus with the new rarity and levels it can add a ton of play time too, to get you through to the BL3 release which looks absolutely awesome!

hmscott likes this.
  4. hmscott

Reputations:
    If you have the "Handsome Collection" that's where the new DLC was added directly / automatically.
    I have updates disabled so I needed to add it manually, then selected and enabled it within BL2 Downloaded Content, got the golden key + went to Sanctuary to get the "goodies", I hope that isn't too many "spoilers". :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    It looks like 2K games went Nuclear on one of their most dedicated fans, who knows exactly why, but it's not a good look on them... Laymen Gaming does a good job bringing the details together - this is their 2nd video about it, check out their channel for the other one if you are interested.

Are 2K Trying To Get Leaking Borderlands 3 Channel Deleted? Multiple DMCA Strikes Suggest Yes
    Laymen Gaming
    Published on Aug 8, 2019

His statement. Looks like interesting content otherwise...

Time To Break The Silence And Fill You In
    SupMatto
    Published on Aug 6, 2019
    My statement. Big thanks to Bryce Blum for his class and legal advice. Big thanks you guys for giving me time to figure it out.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  6. hmscott

Reputations:
    Looks like more skeezy BS going on with BL3 release (today), maybe wait a week or two for the real reviews to come out before spending $ on it:

Report: 2K Games Attempting to Manipulate Borderlands 3 Reviews
    A new report suggests 2K Games is attempting to manipulate Borderlands 3 reviews to prevent negative coverage of the game.
    Published on Sep 12, 2019 at 10:35 AM, by Drew Taylor
    https://www.themix.net/2019/09/report-2k-games-attempting-to-manipulate-borderlands-3-reviews/

"A really bizarre situation concerning review copies of Borderlands 3 has surfaced.

Certain publications have reviews of the game up, but many outlets were denied access to the game. Citing security concerns, publisher 2k Games offered the outlets who were left out a copy of the game 24 hours before release. This means that by the time their reviews will be out, Borderlands 3 will have likely already been through its first week.

Kotaku specifically notes, “A representative for 2K cited security concerns and told us we’d get code for the much-anticipated loot-shooter on Thursday, September 12, the day before it launches.”

VG247 also reports they were not sent a review copy, “Publisher 2K has only sent early code to a select number of US outlets, citing security concerns.”

What’s even more bizarre, is that the outlets who did get a copy of the game, didn’t even get the full game. Reviewers were given special Epic Games Store accounts pre-loaded with a work-in-progress build of Borderlands 3, alongside warnings about instability.

Normally, publishers send out a review key or review copy of a game 2 weeks to a month prior to its release. This is so that reviewers have time to play the game thoroughly enough to post a comprehensive review.

In this case, the reviews that made it online are not even of a finished build. This begs the question: Did 2k Games intentionally arrange this to control the average review scores of Borderlands 3?

It sure looks like they want a rock solid Metacritic score. Giant Bomb co-founder and editor Jeff Gerstmann claimed that a 2K Games representative refused to send any review copy in advance due to Giant Bomb’s past coverage.

He eludes to it in a clip from Giant Bomb’s most recent podcast, where he says, “We were told, and I’m paraphrasing here, but we were told by a 2K PR representative that based on the sentiment of our E3 coverage they were going to send it to us a little closer to launch.” They add, “They wanted to micromanage reviews for a good Day 1 Metacritic.”"

More in the article, link above...

Borderlands 3 Reviews Based On Broken Unfinished Version Of The Game
    Jim Sterling
    Published on Sep 11, 2019
    So, this is a strange situation indeed. 2K Games, citing "security concerns" over Borderlands 3, only gave a handful of review copies to select outlets. Or rather, they didn't...

Borderlands 3 Reviews Based On Broken Unfinished Version Of The Game [Jimquisition]
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/d2qks0/borderlands_3_reviews_based_on_broken_unfinished/

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    cucubits likes this.
  7. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is just sad but honestly I'm not surprised. Yes, waiting for real reviews is best.

hmscott likes this.
  8. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've been watching Borderlands 3 streams for a couple of days - really liked the integration of the game and the Twitch with ECHOcast extension which can do things like seeing the stats of the streamer's character, see the inventory or do things like control which loot streamer gets and which abilities the "Badass" bosses will have when streamer will fight them. Really revolutionary and fun way to interact with streamers, hopefully other games will integrate similar features:

I also bought it myself - yes, Epic Store sucks but I wanted to play it and it is the only way. So far the game runs perfectly fine on my Dell G7. I will not say whether should anyone buy or not buy the game, just gonna mention that if you want to decide whether the gameplay is for you - watch streams on Twitch and decide for YOURSELF, don't listen to any person who might have a bias against a company for any reason and as a result of this bias completely ignore the gameplay quality itself or might have "different expectations" about gameplay. Watching streams does not cost anything and you can simply ignore streamer's own opinions and concentrate on gameplay that you see. Be a rational person and not a sheeple who bases the whole life off someone else's subjective opinions ;-)

hfm and hmscott like this.
  9. hmscott

Reputations:
    The Current Best Fix for Borderlands 3 Aiming Frame Loss, Load Zone Lag and Enemy Spawn Stuttering!
    Unprofessional Gamers
    Published on Sep 13, 2019
    NOTE: For those of you who would prefer a text version (I don't blame you), I created a comprehensive post detailing the three methods in this video at the following Reddit link:https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3...
    Co-op Method Quick Explanation
    1:05 - 3:03

NightlyKnight's Offline Solo Fix
    3:12 - 13:43

Blocking Outbound (and Inbound) Connections tutorial
    3:54 - 7:35

Blocking the Epic Games Launcher
    7:35 - 9:55

Helemekoko's Online Solo method
    13:35 - 18:00

Thank-yous
    19:25

You can find the original posts by the contributors I thanked below:

NightlyKnight and 011-Mana's Offline Solo Method: https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3...

Helemekoko's Online Solo Method: https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3...

Masterwanky's Online Co-Op Method (OP: opalstardream): https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3...

A "Buyers Beware" Before You Purchase Borderlands 3 on PC! (The "Scope Lag" Bug)
    Unprofessional Gamers
    Published on Sep 13, 2019
    See user Comments on Youtube...
    Oooft, first video for a long while. Sorry for the mic and the editing quality!

This video was recorded roughly 10 hours after the game going live and is based on around 3-4 hours of game-play experience.

This is only a video to talk about some problems myself and a number of players have experienced with the PC release of the game. These are (or seem to be) specific to the PC release only. This video is in no way intended to be a review of the content of the game, a lets play or game-play video, or a drama video.

If you haven't experienced any issues with the game, are currently enjoying it, or are not enjoying it for any reasons that are non-technical, then this video isn't for you. Although I do mention it in the video, please don't start a war about "Epic vs Steam," "Epic is Evil," etc. I've seen it literally 1000 times in trying to find solutions to my technical problems with Epic's service - that **** is boring and not a whit of anything has been achieved by it 'cause Epic and Steam don't care about you. Make THEM listen, not the other person they also don't care about who has a different opinion to you.

If I come across any solutions that work for me other than the mitigating solutions I mention within the video, I'll put the solution in the pinned comment.

With that being said, the Borderlands community has been well-known recently for some fairly partisan behaviour. so I'd like to officially ask that any commentors keep things civil - just know I'll be deleting anything offensive or inflammatory directed at other comments or members of the community or development team. Or, if you have to be a dick, at least make it creative and funny. The publisher and Head Honcho at Gearbox are fair game though ;)

Well, that's if any of you watch this crap anyway. If you do, please comment so I wrote all this bollocks for a reason. Ta.

Please note, I am not monetizing this video. If you see any ads, someone has claimed it (probably for the song) or YouTube is dodgy af. Probably both those reasons to be honest.

How to Revert from DX12 to DX11 in Borderlands 3

Borderlands 3's DirectX 12 mode is broken...
    Published: 13th September 2019 | Source: OC3D Internal Testing | Author: Mark Campbell
    https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/how_to_revert_from_dx12_to_dx11_in_borderlands_3/1

AMD's latest driver delivers a major performance boost in Borderlands 3

Radeon Image Sharpening is now available on some Polaris GPUs
    Mark Campbell, 12th September 2019 | Source: AMD Radeon Technologies Group |
    https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gp..._a_major_performance_boost_in_borderlands_3/1

"AMD's ready for the release of Borderlands 3, promising users of Radeon graphics cards up to a 16% performance boost when playing the game in DirectX 12 mode under the game's "Badass preset". This performance gain nimber was achieved when using a Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card.

On top of this, with Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.9.2, AMD has also brought Radeon Image Sharpening to AMD's RX 590, RX 580, RX 570, RX 480 and RX 470 graphics cards, but only for DirectX 12 and Vulkan applications.

Below are the full release notes for AMD's Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.9.2 driver.
    Support For
    • - Borderlands 3
      • - Up to 16 % FPS improvement on the Radeon™ RX 5700 graphics card running Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition version 19.9.2 vs. 19.9.1 drivers.RS-312

• - Radeon Image Sharpening
      • - Now available on Radeon RX 590, Radeon RX 580, Radeon RX 570, Radeon RX 480 and Radeon RX 470 series desktop graphics products for DirectX®12 and Vulkan® applications.
    Fixed Issues
    • - With v-sync enabled FPS may be locked to 30 on some displays set to 75hz refresh rates.
    • - System instability may be experienced on some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations when watching video content in a web browser.
    • - Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
    • - Radeon Settings may list core clocks as not available with some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations.
    • - Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.

Known Issues

• - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice™ may exhibit texture corruption during later parts of the game.
    • - Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
    • - Discord™ may experience an application hang on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products when HW acceleration is enabled.
    • - Display artifacts may be experienced on some 75hz display configurations on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations.
    • - Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 may experience stutter on some system configurations.
    • - Open Broadcasting Software™ may experience frame drops or stutter when using AMF encoding on some system configurations.
    • - HDMI® overscan and underscan options may be missing from Radeon Settings on AMD Radeon VII system configurations when the primary display is set to 60hz.
    • - Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
    • - AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
    Footnotes
    • RS-312 - Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of September 12th, 2019 on Borderlands 3 (DirectX® 12 at ‘Badass’ Presets) at 1080p resolution. Performance may vary based on resolution and settings."
    Supported Desktop GPUs

Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility

Radeon RX Navi 5700 Series Radeon VII
    Radeon RX Vega Series AMD Radeon Pro Duo
    Radeon RX 580/590 AMD Radeon RX 570
    Radeon RX 560 AMD RX 550
    Radeon RX 400 Series Graphics AMD Radeon R7 300 Series Graphics
    AMD Radeon Pro Duo AMD Radeon R7 200 Series Graphics
    AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series Graphics AMD Radeon R5 300 Series Graphics
    AMD Radeon R9 Nano Series Graphics AMD Radeon R5 200 Series Graphics
    AMD Radeon R9 300 Series Graphics AMD Radeon HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics
    AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics

Supported APUs

Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility

AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with Vega Graphics AMD Athlon Mobile Processors with Vega Graphics
    AMD A-Series and FX Processors with Radeon Graphics AMD Ryzen pro Mobile Processors with Vega Graphics
    AMD Athlon Pro Mobile Processors with Vega Graphics AMD A-Series Pro Processors with Radeon Graphics
    Full Release notes for this driver can be viewed here

Download Links
    - Windows 10 (64-bit)
    - Windows 7 (64-bit)

You can join the discussion on AMD's Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19.9.2 driver on the OC3D Forums.

Zoot 12-09-2019, 17:46:56
    "System instability may be experienced on some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations when watching video content in a web browser. I was getting some BSODs until I disabled Hardware Acceleration in Firefox & Steam. Hopefully this means that's solved now.

Other than that though my 5700 XT has been great so far. It's a great step up from my 1070, handling all my games at 1440p like a champ."

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  10. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yea, there are some performance issues with the game - I cannot run it at maximum settings on 2070 Max-q but decreasing the settings worked great for me. The DX12 mode is also only working for AMD users now, but it says that it is a "beta" right when you are trying to select it.

hmscott likes this.