Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hmscott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Heads up for new FREE Borderlands 2 DLC "Commander Lilith & The Fight For Sanctuary" that acts as a story bridge between BL2 and Borderlands 3, and this DLC dropped recently (E3) and is available right now on Steam for FREE (requires BL2) until July 8th...

Borderlands 2 DLC that ties into Borderlands 3 leaked via Steam
    Commander Lilith & The Fight For Sanctuary will apparently be free
    By Michael McWhertor@MikeMcWhertor Jun 5, 2019, 8:25pm EDT
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/5/18654630/borderlands-2-commander-lilith-free-dlc-borderlands-3

Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary Official Trailer
    Borderlands
    Published on Jun 9, 2019
    Return to the award-winning shooter-looter Borderlands 2 for an all-new adventure that sets the stage for the upcoming Borderlands 3. Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary is available now on Xbox One, PS4, and PC, and is free for owners of Borderlands 2 or Borderlands: The Handsome Collection until July 8.

Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary DLC Review
    IGN
    Published on Jun 9, 2019
    Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary DLC reviewed by Seth G. Macy on PC. Also available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Screw EGS for taking exclusive on BL3, maybe available on MGS, maybe Steam soon enough, but until then here's 30 minutes of new BL3 game play:

Borderlands 3 | 30 minutes of NEW gameplay
    PCGamesN
    Published on Jun 12, 2019
    Borderlands 3 gameplay is looking spectacular. In this video you’ll see Griff’s hands-on footage captured from the latest build of the game. He experiments with two Borderlands 3 characters, picks up some of the best Borderlands weapons, and plays around with some Borderlands 3 classes too. There’s so much loot, but still, we we could always have more. Where’s a Shift code when you need one? 14:45 for Moze gameplay

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Felix_Argyle likes this.
  2. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I noticed BL2 updated, I wonder if thats what it was? Gonna have to take a peek next time I'm on Steam.

hmscott likes this.
  3. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    There was a approx 3GB update on Sunday that included the new DLC above (Lillith and the fight for sanctuary). It was a very nice freebie and well worth playing through. Plus with the new rarity and levels it can add a ton of play time too, to get you through to the BL3 release which looks absolutely awesome!

hmscott likes this.
  4. hmscott

Reputations:
    If you have the "Handsome Collection" that's where the new DLC was added directly / automatically.
    I have updates disabled so I needed to add it manually, then selected and enabled it within BL2 Downloaded Content, got the golden key + went to Sanctuary to get the "goodies", I hope that isn't too many "spoilers". :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    It looks like 2K games went Nuclear on one of their most dedicated fans, who knows exactly why, but it's not a good look on them... Laymen Gaming does a good job bringing the details together - this is their 2nd video about it, check out their channel for the other one if you are interested.

Are 2K Trying To Get Leaking Borderlands 3 Channel Deleted? Multiple DMCA Strikes Suggest Yes
    Laymen Gaming
    Published on Aug 8, 2019

His statement. Looks like interesting content otherwise...

Time To Break The Silence And Fill You In
    SupMatto
    Published on Aug 6, 2019
    My statement. Big thanks to Bryce Blum for his class and legal advice. Big thanks you guys for giving me time to figure it out.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019