Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hmscott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That's not the source video, that's relayed through GameSpot, here's the source video:

Borderlands 3 Worldwide Gameplay Reveal Livestream
    Borderlands

Make sure you dislike / downvote the source video, as well as the relay. "Have an Epic Day"!! :D

Randy Pitchford Lashes Out At Borderlands 3 Microtransactions Article
    YongYea
    Published on May 2, 2019
    SOURCE 1: https://twitter.com/gameinformer/stat...
    SOURCE 2: https://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc/status/...
    SOURCE 3: https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status...

Why couldn't Pitchford simply say, hey in the heat of the moment on the stage I mispoke, and didn't mean to say what I said, here's what I really meant. Instead he comes off as an idiot that doesn't understand what "microtransactions" really are - instead he's defending the indefensible and name calling those people he should be treating like gold.

It almost makes me not want to play the game when Steam releases it in 6 months... Nah, BL3 looks like a great game, and I hope to enjoy it when it hits a Steam sale after release.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  2. hmscott

Reputations:
    According to original Claptrap, Gearbox doesn't like to pay their voice actors
    submitted 7 hours ago by dscoleri
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/comments/bk53fk/according_to_original_claptrap_gearbox_doesnt/

According to David Eddings twitter (original voice actor for Claptrap):
    David Eddings‏ @davideddings
    "No. For the first time, I insisted on getting paid for my performance and all of a sudden they couldn't afford me. Now I'm not telling them how to run their business but maybe next time they should put the $12M payment from 2K in the Gearbox bank account instead. Just sayin'..." 8:21 AM - 2 May 2019

shackhuds0n‏ @shackhuds0n
    Replying to @davideddings @theladyofworlds
    "I found it suspect when we didn't hear Clap in the first trailer. This definitely takes some of the luster off in wait for BL3."

https://twitter.com/davideddings/status/1123970727395373057

David Eddings was Vice President of Strategic Partnerships & Licensing at Gearbox
    submitted 2 hours ago * by Sardaman
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/comments/bk7bmc/david_eddings_was_vice_president_of_strategic/

RyanCryptic 1 hour ago
    "Dave invited me out for lunch when I was out at PAX South a few years ago. It was with his wife, kids and his friends within the line of business. Can't say enough good things about him. He's a great man; smart, witty and takes care of his family.

There were a lot of things going on with former employees @ Gearbox and it certainly seemed like money was not the main issue."

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Lurker Below likes this.
  3. hmscott

Reputations:
    IDK, I kinda like the new Claptrap's voice a bit better, a little less shrill and a litle less annoying.

Borderlands vs Borderlands 2 vs Borderlands 3 Claptrap Voice and Model Comparison

Cycu1
    Published on May 4, 2019
    Claptrap is without a doubt an icon of Borderlands series. Let's take a look on how its character model and voice changed over the years.
    Let's begin with original Borderlands released on PS3 back in 2009 where Claptrap was voiced by David Eddings through Borderlands 2 (2012) captured on PS3 and also covered by the same voice actor until recently released gameplay reveal of Borderlands 3 running on powerful PC - this time however our favourite robot uses voice of Jim Foronda. How do you like the changes?

Randy Sets The Laymen Straight On Why Claptrap Voice Isn't Returning (WHITE KNIGHT EDITION!)

Laymen Gaming
    Published on May 5, 2019

4. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Nice, can't wait!

5. hmscott

Reputations:
    BORDERLANDS 3 | Developer Interview - Campaign Length, End Game, Brand Loyalty & More!
    Arekkz Gaming
    Published on May 6, 2019
    I had a chance to interview some of GearBox at the Borderlands 3 gameplay reveal - here's the whole thing!

Borderlands Voice Actor EXPOSES Gearbox

Tenacity
    Published on May 6, 2019

6. hmscott

Reputations:
    Randy Pitchford Accused of Assault By Former Claptrap Voice Actor
    YongYea
    Published on May 7, 2019

BORDERLANDS Voice Actor Accuses RANDY PITCHFORD of Physical Assault!!

HeelvsBabyface
    Published on May 7, 2019
    The Voice Actor for CLAPTRAP from the Borderlands Games has taken to Twitter to challenge RANDY PITCHFORD about unpaid royalties and also a Physical Assault that he claims he did a couple of years ago!!

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  7. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I try hard not to develop opinions on these things because often it turns out the gossip isn't accurate but even before all this I got the feeling Randy P. was a bit of a Richard after watching him in a presentation. Then again Bill Gates comes off as an ordinary nice guy type but I read in actually he was and is ready to cut throats, the very epitome of a shrewd, calculating, and brilliant business man. Maybe it's being an old man that does it but right now I'm not seeing any objective evidence of what went down while knowing very well that people don't like getting canned even when they well and truly should have been canned. I'm going to try and keep an open mind for the moment. Not saying a level of turgidity wasn't present; just not seeing any objective evidence at the moment.

hmscott likes this.
  8. Zymphad

Zymphad Zymphad

Reputations:
    Dunno why all the reviews ignore Randy is selling XP Boosts and Loot Boosts. That is pay to win to me.

Though it is PVE so to me paying so you don't have to play as much is really weird.

hmscott likes this.
  9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Ah, Randy is using Ubisoft model I see.

JRE84 and hmscott like this.
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Games Store - IGN Now
    IGN
    Published on May 20, 2019
    After two other games pulled out of the Epic Games Store Mega Sale, Borderlands 3 now marks the third, as they pulled preorders during the sale.