Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hmscott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The way this is going I sort of expect Epic to bribe Microsoft and one day the stupid store app will be pushed through a windows update, which will then ask for a credit card to keep using windows :D

hmscott likes this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    cj_miranda23 likes this.
  3. hmscott

Reputations:
    Yeah, the old "get their credit card to verify their identity" trick... :p

More "Epic" deceptions...

Epic will continue to sign Steam games to exclusive store deals
    So much for halting the practice soon after launch.
    Jon Fingas, @jonfingas, 04.03.19
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/03/epic-to-continue-game-store-exclusives/

4. Lurker Below

Lurker Below Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    When laptops come with built-in card readers for credit cards rather than SD cards, we'll know we've gone to hell.

hmscott likes this.
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
  6. Zymphad

Zymphad Zymphad

Reputations:
    Look at the rhetoric of all these Dev CEOs and Publisher CEOs. We are no longer gamers. We are no longer fans. We are no longer collaborators. Remember there was a time Gearbox was open to feedback? Give feedback to Randy Pitchford today and he will call you entitled, loser, consspiracy lunatic. Yes the CEO of the largest gaming studio from Australia will call you names on Twitter if you give him any feedback. We are now referred to as CONSUMERS. That's all we are now. The state of AAA gaming is so sad.

The behavior of management of these publishers and developers are unbelievable. I am absolutely shocked at the responses on twitter, on blogs. Outright antagonistic towards anyone who won't shut up and just buy all their microtransactions and DLCs.

Tim Sweeney. WTF? Are you serious? Has there ever been in a time in entertainment in which a CEO has said, customers don't matter? Customers will not dictate supply and demand? Time Sweeney and TenCent are the most anti-capitalist, anti-consumer I have ever witnessed, it's unbelievabley shocking.

Enjoy your $80 BL3 pre-order that comes with BS like XP boost, Loot drop boost and cometics.

Enjoy your $100 BL3 pre-order for DLCs that were just removed from the original game and released over period of a year.

Enjoy Take Two and Gearbox finding other ways to rape your wallet.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    cucubits and hmscott like this.
  7. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This (and microtransactions)! ...is one of the most annoying things going on currently in gaming. Nothing is anymore about making a good game. It's all about how can we make the plebs pay more? Lie with trailers to make them pre-order, make the first part of the game good so they pass the refund time, remove obvious content just to make them pay for DLCs, microtransactions?

In all honesty it's not even the devs/publishers fault... it's all made possible because of the sheep nation consumers who will gladly pay for anything and end up even defending the publishers saying that they have to eat too... *facepalm*

hmscott and killkenny1 like this.
  8. AlexusR

AlexusR Guest

Reputations:
    Honestly I do not mind paying for DLCs as long as the quality of the game is good. I really enjoyed BL and BL2 and I paid for DLCs for BL2 such as awesome Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep which was well worth it. Would I like DLCs to be free? Yes, of course. But like I said, if the content is good - I have no issues paying for it.
    And as for BL3 - I'll decide whether it is worth buying an optional DLCs after I'll play the actual game. If the game itself would be too shallow and too short - I could definitely decide not to buy any future DLCs.

hmscott likes this.
  9. hmscott

Reputations:
  10. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Those interested can now watch a video of actual gameplay which they put out yesterday.

hfm, AlexusR and hmscott like this.