Boot time again!

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by Scottyboy99, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stampy

Stampy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My hard drive is an old (lol, one year at least) kingston SNV425-S2/128 GB SSDNow V-Series, kingston's website is a BIG useless in terms of info.... so I don't know. I wouldn't expect it is the best out there. But 6.6 is quite disconcerting, especially since I did most tweaks from that site :p what ever I am happy where I'm at. (Though if you tell me a quick fix driver wise, I wouldn't mind, just couldn't find them.)

2. The Revelator

The Revelator Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Oh, I thought you had one of the new Kingston HyperX SSD's. I don't know what kind of speed the older SSDNow drives have, but they are slower. Still, lots faster than a HDD.

3. Stampy

Reputations:
    I'll be all right :)

4. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    Hey stampy you said something about defrag and your ssd, don't defrag the ssd! Bad for it. Hope I didn't read it wrong.

5. RHracing46

RHracing46 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wondering why mine is so slow. Getting 25 Seconds load times with my M4 512GB. Wondering if it is because just set up in default at RAID. Wonder if it is the 5-7 Seconds it asks for Raid Utility Screen.

6. Stampy

Reputations:
    Even with auslogic?

7. Stampy

Reputations:
    Could be, also my toshiba was in raid (90% sure) it wasn't anywhere as fast as now, also did you do the big tweaks for it?
    Also when I have a CD/DVD in, it adds up a good 5 seconds (if not more) during the alienface screen.

8. RHracing46

RHracing46 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wonder if I need to change the Boot order of which disk it is looking for.... Anyone know is it the Primary or Secondary Drive that should be list First in the Bios Boot order?????? Have my M4 in the Sata III slot.

9. Stampy

Reputations:
    no idea what sata III slot is. On my laptop (see sig) I put the SSD in the HDD module 1 (which was originally intended for the D drive not C, and the original C drive from Dell was in slot zero)as recommended by others, set BIOS to AHCI then INSTALLED windows 7 (don't change the settings in BIOS without running install from scratch, but if you do there are settings in regedit to do, but re-install is best), and since I reversed the C and D drive, in BIOS I put secondary drive on top of the list followed by primary (since for MY particular case secondary drive is SSD.)

10. Jas71

Jas71 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Slot 1(in the middle) in the R3 is the secondary hard drive if you have two hard drives in. Slot 1 is what you should be putting your SSDs in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.