Bluetooth speakers.... UE Boom's / Mega Booms VS Fugoo Tough XL

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by M17XR42012, Dec 26, 2020.

1. M17XR42012

M17XR42012 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    When I was first in the market for a bluetooth speaker setup, I kept hearing how the audio quality of the Fugoo Speakers compared to the competition was much better. However the ability to pair up to 150 speakers is nice and UE has that; Although it can be painful to get working especially on a laptop where you don't have a "UE App".

Now Fugoo has some out with version 2.0 of every speaker except the XL..... Is Fugoo becoming a noo-gooo? lol.

Are there any other options?

2. Starlight5

Starlight5 Yes, I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

Reputations:
  3. M17XR42012

Reputations:
    I just checked them out and looked at some of the reviews and audio samples. They look like they are about the same quality as the UE Boom or Mega Boom's. I am looking for something with better drivers for nicer sound I don't care if it can shake the floor.

Starlight5 likes this.
  4. Starlight5

Starlight5 Yes, I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

Reputations:
    If you're aiming for quality, you should consider bookshelf speakers + standalone amplifier + standalone Bluetooth 5 receiver. This setup will definitely sound better, and won't cost much unless you want it to.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  5. M17XR42012

Reputations:
    I have a bookshelf system.... Anthem Receiver and Focal bookshelfs..... I am looking for the best sound I can can in a battery operated portable speaker, I am sure there is nothing at that level in a tiny portable blue tooth speaker.

Maybe if I could get Focal drivers in a UE Boom or Mega Boom package..... that might work.

Starlight5 likes this.