1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Bluetooth mouse disconnects randomly

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by beige, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beige

beige Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i wonder if some one can help me with my problem ,
    a week ago my blueooth mouse (sony vaio mouse ) started disconnecting randomly and just won't connect again untill i press the reconnect button on the mouse , i did remove the mouse drivers and reinstalled them and i did replace the batteries , did some1 face this problem b4??

2. Pitabred

Pitabred Linux geek con rat flail!

Reputations:
    I can't imagine why you'd need drivers for a bluetooth mouse... are you talking about the bluetooth stack that you reinstalled?

I would go into Windows, remove the pairing of the mouse, and re-pair it. Might also check if you can adjust any settings on your bluetooth radio in the device manager... might disable turning the device off to save power or something.

3. Angelic

Angelic Kickin' back :3

Reputations:
    Is the mouse ever more than a few feet away from the laptop? Do you have other electronic devices neat the computer?

4. beige

beige Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    the mouse is near the laptop and works perfectly on Linux and on the mac

5. surfasb

surfasb Titles Shmm-itles

Reputations:
    Mine falls asleep when it disconnects. Make sure Windows isn't powering down the bluetooth adapter...

6. beige

beige Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    it disconnects while i am using it guys , not when it sleeps like after 5 min of no usage , it just disconnects while i am doing something ( in the middle of something using mouse ) , i am about to do a fresh install from this problem , i hate using the built in mouse in the laptops

7. BamAlmighty

BamAlmighty Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the same problem with my HP's built in bluetooth and MS Bluetooth Mouse 5000.

The mouse randomly disconnects and after 10-30 seconds it will reconnect on its own or not until you power cycle it. Tried everything, installed latest bluetooth drivers, etc. Another issue I had was the mouse wouldn't respond when a fast download was happening. Finally gave up on it and switched to a logitech anywhere mx, problem solved.

8. GoGirl

GoGirl Newbie

Reputations:
    This is the answer:
    It turns out that there a little box that I unchecked that fixed it. The laptop kept disconnecting the mouse to 'save power'. If you go to Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices ->Hardware tab -> double click Dell Wireless 360 Bluetooth Module -> Power Management tab -> then uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power.

However, can anyone tell me how to do this in Windows 7?:eek:

9. process

process \( ಠ_ಠ)/

Reputations:
    right click "computer" -> "properties" -> "Device manager" -> "Bluetooth" -> "Dell wireless ..." --> "Power management" tab

10. Pitabred

Pitabred Linux geek con rat flail!

Reputations:
    Similar way that should work for any version of Windows: Open the control panel, then the device manager, then the properties of the Bluetooth adapter. The setting will be in there.