1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

bluetooth missing the tray icon, XP Pro

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by miro_gt, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miro_gt

miro_gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I can't find the utility program that shows the bluetooth on the taskbar. The bluetooth by itself works, but before I did a clean install on XP I remember I had that icon. Where to find it ?

I installed both the MS bluetooth support, and the thinkpad bluetooth with enhanced data rate drivers.

that icon listed the devices that you can connect via the bluetooth, like keyboard, mouse, fax, etc.

2. Arki

Arki Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Control Panel > Bluetooth devices. ;)

3. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    alternatively, if you have x64 XP, there may be a driver issue. also, that may be a setting you have to not display it, or it could be because you have no active bluetooth devices.

4. panteedropper

panteedropper Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    is the bluetooth power switched on? as mentioned before you can enable the icon through the control panel.

5. miro_gt

miro_gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    thank you. Sometimes I miss stupid things like this, lol.

however, I must have had some different driver for the bluetooth before I reinstalled XP, because when I click on that icon it used to show a list of different devices that I want to connect to .. and now it doesn't show that list. Hm .. not a biggie I guess

6. Arki

Arki Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I believe there are two Bluetooth drivers, the one for Microsoft and the Lenovo one, I tried to install both but it seems whichever you install, it overrides the others settings? I'm not sure, so if anybody has any clarification on this, it would be helpful.

7. apoddar

apoddar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hey watusp the bluetooth icon on the system tray could get fix in too ways one is that you have it checked in "msconfig" that is actually the main one. and the other one is that you need to press "fn - f5" that shoudl activate the access connections and through that you can actually do everything through ther